Mondello Track Day

johnny99

Middle Lane Hogs
Anyone on here at Mondello track day today. Met Dan today, sound bloke, and a few other Scooby lads, great day.

John

Some pics cortesy of trackdayfotos.com
My turbo blew on the 2nd lap so I didn't have a very good day :cry:
Roll on june 2nd! 9000rpm 2.1 forged rb20 and new turbo being fitted this week :dance:
It was my first time out with coilovers, savage difference all together, SO controllable!
She was flying untill an oil pump issue killed the turbo!
Dan

Here's a few I found on that website!
From various old trackdays :dance:

Who owns the scoob that was out on track dan?

Was talking to a lad in work today, good friends with keith and mark from performancemotorworx that brought that black gtr in, they brought it in to order, was already sold to yer man. Anyway was telling me there was no damage done when he came off, seemingly there is hydraulic lifters that popped the bonnet up when he hit the gravel :dunno:
The boys were trying to read through the owners manual (in japanese) to figure out how to close it again :lol:

Jump on it :lol: Class looking car,the lad that bought it was he driving it or was it the fella that sold it to him driving?

I was chatting to the lad with the blue type r! He brought me out for a session! good stuff
It's a well sorted car, nice bolt in roll cage, big disc (standard caliper) conversion worked very well, spec c suspension and toyo R888's :clap:
I don't know his forum name!
I was trying to figure that GTR bonnet problem out with no solution! I had my bro googleing like mad to reset them and and myslef and the owner (Noel) were trying to remove the rams but to much involved! It was Noel's first time at mondello and he was fearless :clap: There was a bit of body damage were the back passenger side of the bonnet was binding against the peice in front of the windscreen and a fair bit of scraping on the underside of the car!
Dan

poxy thing about the grey GTR's is they only hit 180 and it cant be overwritten yet..she'd do that in thrid gear..they just broke 7 min 30 secs with it on standard jap production tyres at the ring..incredible only 1 sec behind the 800,000 euro 620 bhp carrera gt..which weighs 250kgs less!! dont know how they did it...dont know how your man lost it with all that traction and computers keeping you in check

He was clipping kerbs and driving very very agressively!
Maybe he was anticipating some slippage but when she gripped she went over the apex into the gravel! just a thought!
Dan

The atom driver was getting brave and throwing her around quite abit later on in the day!
Dan

fair play to him thats what there made for...most people be afraid to drive the stones of a brand new GTR

Back