rally of the lakes

copperhead

Petrolheads
well lads got back earlier on today and i have to say i was dissapointed with the weekend. I know its not easy to get to stages but this year it was imo especially bad left wexford at 5 am saturday morning got into killarney at 8:30 got to see 2 stages saturday, sunday we slept it left killarny at 8:45 had to go straight to caragh lake stage unfortunatly 1 car went through before stage canceled ( mchale crash) 2:30 stage opens for 10 mins so we had no option but to stay for second running ,plus some of the carry on down there left litttle to be desired who ever thought of organising GODS KITCHEN in the glen egles saturday night :roll: any how rant over some nice stages and great drivers and machines shame the stages wernt more acessable . by the way was talking to one of the stewarts about it and he said its done purposley he said they dont want the spectators anymore :cry:

Got back yesterday evening and i must say i thought it was an excellent weekend!!!thought the stages were p**s easy to find(and i get lost very easily!!!)I drove 300miles over the whole weekend going from stage to stage,and thats including the drive too,and from kenmare to cork,which i think is very little for a rally weekend :dance:
i stayed in Kenmare,and i would recommend people to stay there if there going to the rally next year!it was very quiet,no boyracers at all!!
I got to see 3 stages sat,but got soaked doing that!I also slid down the side of Molls Gap but had a great laugh doing it!i was gutted not to see Tim Mc Nulty at the end of the day!
Sun and the weather was much better!again got to 3stages but could of easily made it 4!!i drove the Beallaghbeama stage,and fook me it was some road!easily a 200foot drop on either side :shock: came across a fiesta rally car that went off the stage and was about 5foot from that drop!!
Couldnt beleive there was 3metro 6r4's,and audi quatro,2 mk2,a mk1 and a sweet old bemmer going out before the 00 cars!

Roll on next year,the 30th anniversary of the lakes :headbanger:

i read on the examiner that 70 people got caught for no nct and they wouldnt allow any modified car in the car parks :? did any of you meet the gaurds or got caught for no nct??

Any muppet that goes to an event like this with no NCT/ tax or insurance is a is only asking for trouble!good riddins to them :shoot: :shoot:

id say the cops caught a few allright there was 3 guys sittin outside our hotel on the foothpath on camping chairs eggin on the lads to do burnouts and the likes as soon as they light up the tires cops would come out of the lane 15 meters away :doh: jesus they were writing tickits by the new time and the boys on the chairs were laughin their holes off

It's d1ck heads like them that give Rallying a bad name with local people in our towns!! :angry:

Back