Check engine light

tclarke

Sunday Drivers
I asked b4 but cant find the answer what does it mean when it comes on.Was driving it hard today and it came on.It gone off again any ideas.

Could be any number of things mate, but would definitely advise you don't drive her hard until you find out whats wrong.

There is a way of finding out what error code is causing the light, not sure how to check it but someone will post it up anyway. Failing that get it on a diagnostic, any subaru dealer will hook ya up or Davelegacy STi Tuning has just sourced on of these too so you could look him up either.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=7055.msg82546#msg82546 date=1209925923]
detonation maybe?
[/quote]

Andy dont think the standard check engine light would light up on Detonation........ :dunno:

The light went off after a few min is it like it went into safe mode and has reset now.Or should i still get it checked out.

a mate of mine had a problem like this before!!!!
happened when he put diesel into his petrol astra

light was on full time, then would turn off and back on. turned out that after replacing the cat converter it was #
still on. so took the manifold apart and could see that the seal around the manifold had melted away, (due to the diesel)

filled her up with silicone, and is perfect!!!!!

maybe im well off but, worth a try

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

I get it in for a check over had the foot well in it i,this third time it happen in a yr.

Do 2 much racing cant help it u know wat i mean if somebody up ur ass u have to go for it. :D

If you have bad knock it would come on!

But it could be anything realy!

Get her onto a dignostic machaine and see what fault comes up!

[quote author=b4 link=topic=7055.msg82675#msg82675 date=1209937256]
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

I get it in for a check over had the foot well in it i,this third time it happen in a yr.

Do 2 much racing cant help it u know what i mean if somebody up your ass u have to go for it. :D
[/quote]

is the car mapped?

Same thing has happened to me a few times,light would come on and go off a min later,i've had it checked twice but there was no error found :dunno:

I t does but has only happened 3 times since i got car last year.It wont go off by itself have to stop and when i restart it it gone off.

Its happened once or twice to mine,have recently changed the airfilter and has'nt done it since then. . .bit of a strange one.I also thought the car might be knocking but sometimes it came on in traffic and off after a few seconds. . .wonder was it the dirty panel filter causing the maf to act up?

Mine used to come on at bout 140kph(on an english motorway before anyone starts) and then go off after bout ten mins at under that-since ive changed o2 sensor its gone away.

Back