What bov and ecu for this

id say go for an hks ssqv and speak to dave at sti tuning or damo at street performance about remapping :thumbsup:

the bov on that car well is not a bov

its a waitesgate

sounds the dogs

dont know what the story is with them doe but i will be looking into it myself to get one if possible

ok lads im confused :? ........ive asked about cars that make that noise before when dumping gas and i was told it was compressor surge. which im told happens when theres not enough pressure to open the bov and it travels back trough the turbine causing that chattering. while it makes a cool noise it can fook up your turbo........is the noise on this car a specific bov or is it compressor surge.
ps sorry for goin off topic :whistle:

I stand to be corrected,but WRC cars get the air to pass back over the turbo,thus causing the chirpping sound we hear,on certain cars once they are mapped,Dave lewis,Mike spec c,and mine that i know of have the air pushed through the intake/induction pipe thus causing it to sound like a WRC,
Mine started to do it while Andy was mapping it,He said it was ok as long as its through the Intake??
@Northdublin your are correct in saying that it will damage the turbo,but only on the WRC cars as far as i know,it causes strees n the turbine blades... :ponder:

yea after i got mine mapped it surges now at low revs but when thers a bigger load on it its just the hks ssqv chirp off it :D

echo,how do you now its a tail bov,

as you asked what bov it was first and was told it was a waiste gate and then said it was a tail bov,why ask the ?

ive never heard a car sound like that with out some serious horse power under the bonnett and a waiste gate

every body wants that sound,and usually when everybody wants something,it usualy costs big time

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=7034.msg82357#msg82357 date=1209833925]

as you asked what bov it was first and was told it was a waiste gate and then said it was a tail bov,why ask the ?
[/quote]

I can answer that one. If you open the video on Youtube (not here) the spec is given for the car.

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=7034.msg82357#msg82357 date=1209833925]

ive never heard a car sound like that with out some serious horse power under the bonnett and a waiste gate

every body wants that sound,and usually when everybody wants something,it usualy costs big time
[/quote]

no need to be bitchy as one the lads said it in the specs only noticed after looking at the more info

Back