Good Mechanic for a B4

E

elusiveguy

Is there anyone in this country who actually knows what they're doing with B4s???

I've a BE5 Legacy that eats MAF sensors

I replaced the MAF shortly after I bought the car as it died on me.... Then 10,000kms and 3 months later the replacement blew also. This was replaced for free by my local dealer and I was happy for 10,000kms and 3 months! Now I'm just back from the dealer, who had it for the day. The can offer me no reason why the sensor blew, won't replace it and are charging me for this wonderful customer service....All I know for sure that its throwing the MAF code

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Or A mechanic that might??? I have no problem fixing a fault but, understandable I think, have an issue replacing the MAF with every service....

The best one i know of is john from jomo he knows them inside out and he is a trader on this site give him a bell. he will well look after you.
Mick

Id use Cartork in Clane or as said already Jomo might be able help.

Damo

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=6985.msg81629#msg81629 date=1209513927]
Hi,

we will sort and find fault if left with us........
[/quote]

Is it that you'd have an idea of the fault or am I just gonna be paying labour til ye do find it?? (no offense, one of the options the main stealer offered was keep paying til they find it)

Hey elusiveguy, there is nothing more annoying when a problem
like this pop's up simply because if the answer is not in a book alot
of the main dealers simply can't help and charge €€€€€€'s for not fixing
your prob.

Give any of the lads in the traders section a shout

They will sort it for you :thumbsup:

Niall.

main dealers cant help since the car was never sold over here, drop it over to Sti Tuning in my opinion. seems to know their stuff and great prices and they have a load of new fancy diagnostic equipment. cant see how your sensor keeps blowing as there is not much that can brake on them, unless they are getting covered in oil or something and getting destroyed. any new parts should be covered undera warranty so make sure you get them replaced under warranty

[/quote]

Is it that you'd have an idea of the fault or am I just gonna be paying labour til ye do find it?? (no offense, one of the options the main stealer offered was keep paying til they find it)
[/quote]

ha ha one thing anyone who has had work done will say is if i think it'll be 5 hours and takes 3 then thats all you get charged.......

you'll not find one person that would feel overcharged by us........

its not how we work..........

your car seems to have underlying issues that is not gona be the obvious situations.......

@ Renno:
Cartork in clane are out the door at the moment! He can't even look after his regular custumers for another 3-4 weeks! :thumbsup:

The only time I've heard of MAF's going alot was when she was getting smothered with oil all the time, and I think an oil catch tank sorted that!
But I don't know what the underlying issue was!
I hope you get her sorted soon man!
Dan

as far as i know an oil catch tank is to catch the oil in the intercooler, i didnt think it had anything to do with the air intake or MAF

I got p1ssed off and ripped out my air box.... HKS filter that doesn't fit :angry:

So despite asking the dealer to check, and them telling me they checked and it was fine, the filter seems to be my problem :angry:

:doh:
That sucks man! I'm glad it was something simple though.
Genuine scooby ones are cheap enough and I'd order a K&N panel filter for her asap!
Best of luck!
Dan

Back