4 Henning Solberg Stobart VK F 07:35.800
5 Matthew Wilson Stobart VK F 10:41.700
6 Federico Villagr Munchi's Ford F 11:22.200
7 Jari-Matta Latval BP-Ford Abu Dhabi F 12:15.600
8 Gianluigi Galli Ford F 12:24.400
9 Khalid Al Qassimi BP-Ford Abu Dhabi F 19:05.700
10 Sebastien Loeb Citroen Total F 23:38.100

He did great !! :thumbsup:
Shaun Gallagher and Paul Kiely finish 2nd in Junior – World Rally Championship.

The Irish World Rally Team climbed two places on the last day of World Rally Championship in Jordan, leaving the Irish duo of Shaun Gallagher and Paul Kiely placed second overall. Gallagher won stage eighteen on the last day of rallying in Jordan.

Gallagher and Kiely battled temperatures in excess of 40 degrees and gearbox problems and the impressive finish leaves the team second in the J-WRC Championship.

Gallagher says he is delighted with how the team performed and he believes it augurs very well for the future prospects of World Rally Team Ireland

"I am delighted to have finished in second place, it was a tough hard rally and I will be looking forward to getting back to the temperatures of Letterkenny in Donegal! Rally Jordan really improved my confidence in the car and with two events under my belt, I am already looking to the next rounf of the World Championship in Sardegna in May."

Prince Feisal Al Hussein, brother of Jordanian King Abdullah II presented the Irishmen with prizes and complemented them on an out standing performance in Jordan.

After the rally, CEO of World Rally Team Ireland, Tommy Mullen, said the result was a testament to the incredible talents of a young and ambitious rally team.

"Shaun Gallagher & Paul Kiely did Ireland proud out here in Jordan. We were very worried with the mechanical problems in the gearbox and I did not think we were going to make it to the finish of the rally.

"The last stage was over 40 kilometres long and in this heat it is very gruelling on the car and the driver. But the luck of the Irish was on our side and this really is an incredible result for the team and for Irish rallying!"

The Junior World Rally Championship now stands with Frenchman Sebastien Ogier leading the charge with Irishman Shaun Gallagher chasing in second place. Estonian Jaan Molder is in third place.

Back