Heat wrapping headers

Paddy scooby

Middle Lane Hogs
Lads I suddenly have access to a hell of alot of heat wrap, its a kind of tinfoil with cloth on the inside, i tried to put up a pic and the damn computer :computer: well I cant put up a picture. But this heat wrap is used on 3-5 litre diesel and gas IC engines. Can anyone tell me is there any advantages performance wise to be had by removing the steel covers off the headers and wrapping them with this heat wrap? :ponder: :dunno: I heard of some guys on here doing it and Im just wonderng is it worth my while or not?

yea lads i wanted to know about this aswell?
Im gonna be porting my Headers and Uppipe next weekend?
Qs. is it better to heat wrap the standerd Headders and Uppipe after porting??........or is it better to just leave the heat shields on without wrapping???

:ponder:as far as i know the hotter the Headers and Uppipe the faster the Turbo will spool?

thanks Steo :thumbsup:

Id say of your porting your headers,then defo wrap them up,it will keep the heat from going up into the engine bay.. :thumbsup:

When you wrap,just run the wrap through some water,wrap them sorta damp,they will go on easier,and also they wont get that horrable dirty colour they get from being under the car.. :thumbsup:

ah cool nice one for that :thumbsup:
i was gonna spray them with black heat resistant paint so they dont stand out as much?
how will i fix the heat wrap??... I seen some ss cabel ties on fleabay? or will i get away with using a few short lents of wire??

Steo :thumbsup:

Yeah i tied mine up with some enginering steel ties,id say them s/s ties would work the job alrite..

ah sound, so where did you get the enginering ties?... are they handy to get?

Awh thanks Rob, I just have a load of this stuff and thought it might help,

ties the heat wrap with 40-60mm jubliee clips, engineering steel ties is another word for them :thumbsup:

haha the good oul jublie clip :thumbsup:
thanks for the help lads :subaru:

Steo

Back