HKS SSQV... yay or nay?

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Do you have one fitted to yours? If you do are they hard to fit, and anyone know the difference between the gold and purple fin inserts you can get for it? Which one sounds better? Any disadvantages of having one fitted compared to a standard setup?

Cheers

Dont think they do anything for the car only make it sound like the 77a bus. (runs for cover)

[quote author=chriSTi link=topic=6781.msg78664#msg78664 date=1208546616]
I say nay... had one on my last motor and it got annoyin pretty quick...
[/quote]

i agree......do your head in after a while...especially round town...
IMO

Ah think ill get one and try it out so, always wanted one on me car!!Are they hard to fit i.e do i have to cut into any piping etc or is it just a straight fitment. Also are the optional fins essential or do they just change the sound it makes?

Handy enough to change,just make sure you get the rite adapter plate...no cutting of any pipes,just block off the one pipe with the blanking fitment,and bolt on bov,and connect pipes....
The bov comes with a fin already inserted and should be good enough.. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobyke link=topic=6781.msg78681#msg78681 date=1208549909]
Handy enough to change,just make sure you get the rite adapter plate...no cutting of any pipes,just block off the one pipe with the blanking fitment,and bolt on bov,and connect pipes....
The bov comes with a fin already inserted and should be good enough.. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Cool thanks if i get one thats specifically for the BL5 that will come with everything needed to fit it? including the adapter plate your talking about? Saw one one nengun.com

i say yay i changed from a bailey to a hks ssqv one sounds the dogs and gets ppl turning round to see what it is passing them :D

have to say yay :thumbsup: got one in the car and is the job alrite. i have to try the coloured inserts sometime see what there like

The gold insert is the same as the silver its jus finished in gold,the purple one has a much deeper sound to it,i hav the purple one at home if ya wanna try it when ya get the ssqv :thumbsup:

[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=6781.msg78750#msg78750 date=1208572714]
The gold insert is the same as the silver its just finished in gold,the purple one has a much deeper sound to it,i have the purple one at home if ya wanna try it when ya get the ssqv :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Yep cheers, might take you up on that!

Back