waterworks!!!!

N

neilgt555

just after finding a puddle of water under the scooby. i thought my troubles were over { major bother with a crack in the radiator } an now this. cant see were its coming from but its dripping down just behind the sump, any suggestions b4 i burn the thing???

Did you have air con on?? this can cause water to drip down from wat looks behind the sump area passo side?

sounds like it could be your water pump. cant really say without seeing it. smell the water you will know the difference between ordinary condensation from the air con and coolant water straight away. by the way mate are you back from scotland??

it was def. coolant i had 2 fill the resivoir b4 i left belfast. it seems 2 be a continues leak regardless if the car started r not. i thought pumps only leaked when they were runnin???

hi neil no they can leak all the time or just when the car is running or just when the car is stopped. but it might not be your water pump at all it could be coming from somewhere else but id say more than likely its the pump.

neil if it looks to be from behind the sump check where water pipes go thru the bulkhead to the feed the heater matrix.mite be split and running down.

still waiting on the verdict lad. having said that im in no hurry, having a laugh driving my suzuki swift gti!!!!!!
hopefully its nothing serious, but i think its time to part with the scooby, its giving too much bother.

its defo the aircon the pump runs constant even we turned off in the car disconect the lead on it propblem sorted

i didnt know the aircon would drip coolant from the engine????

[quote author=muckey scooby link=topic=134.msg1617#msg1617 date=1156425692]
its defo the aircon the pump runs constant even we turned off in the car disconect the lead on it propblem sorted
[/quote]

the air con does not run constant unless you had a problem with your switch or the clutch was sticking. and no aircon doesnt cause coolant to leak from the engine. it can cause water to drip off the pipes and compressor but thats just condensation

George

[quote author=neilgt555 link=topic=134.msg1586#msg1586 date=1156379095]
still waiting on the verdict lad. having said that im in no hurry, having a laugh driving my suzuki swift gti!!!!!!
hopefully its nothing serious, but i think its time to part with the scooby, its giving too much bother.
[/quote]

I'd say it's something simple TBH
I wouldn't be parting with the Scooby over this :shock:

Alan.

unfortunatly alan, since i bought it she has spent more time off the road then on it. the cracked radiator mite seem a simple thing, but it took about a month to figure out it was that. 2 mechanics looked at it and couldnt find a leak because the water was evaporating b4 it hit the ground, both telling me the head gasket could be going. then i got a lad to take out the radiator and he discovered the crack. when it went back in it overheated straight away, because he used dirty water with oil in it!!! sent it away to jomo still not sure if maybe the head was gone and got it back a month later with the verdict of contaminated water. now after 3 weeks happy driving i find a puddle under it. would you not be pissed off?????

I probably would - but not with the car.... I'd be pissed at the mechanics...

If it turns out to be the AC just remove it - how often do we get to use AC in this country??

Alan.

how often do we get to use AC in this country??

its the job for clearing the misted up windows fast on the damp days tho'..an we get a lotta them.

Hello Neil

Didn't realise the car in question was yours. Before you brought the car to us, you had been the victum of gobshite's that didn't know there job. 2 idoit's that didn't see the crack in the rad, or the second fool who put oily water into the cooling system.

We flushed the cooling system several times and replaced the header tank and cap, as these were damaged. No leaks and no overheating, when the car left jomo. The car is a very nice tight car, and well worth keeping. As Alan said, you should be pisse at the gobshit's and not the car. If you want. come over some Saturday and we will have a look at it for you, and pressure test the cooling system for you.

john

finally got some news on the car, apparently it was the waterpump. talk about a string of bad look!!!!! :wall:

Back