boost pressure?

R

rees

HI ALL,GOT A NEW ENGINE IN MY 1994 WRX OUT OF A 1997 WRX,BUT NOW WEN I PUT MY FOOT DOWN IT DUMPS BOOST AT ABOUT 4000 RPM, DOES MY DUMPVALVE/WASTEGATE NEED TO BE CHANGED OR DO I NEED TO GET IT REMAPPED OR SUMTHING? THE CAR IS A JAPANESE IMPORT.
ALSO, IS THERE ANYONE NEAR BELFAST WHO KNOWS WAT THEIR AT WHEN IT COMES TO THESE CARS?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! :worship:

get it mapped if its a jap import :thumbsup: go to ai autosports they will remap it for ya ;) i live in bangor but i went all the way down to dublin to get mine mapped by sti tuning ( bob rawle ) dave will sort you out he done an excellant job on mine :thumbsup:

I think he is talking about the car going into limp mode at 4000RPM

Some clarification is needed anyway.

thanks for responding guys. wen i say it dumps boost ,i mean it feels as though ive hit the rev limit but it is only running at about 4000rpm,also wen this happens the dumpvalve acts the same as if i go to change gear. it still revs to 6500rpm if i accelerate slower though?

thanks again

:ponder: get her booked in for a remap, get full decat exhaust, uprated walbro fuel pump and a air filter n then a remap :thumbsup: but som1 else here will tell you more info bout your problem :thumbsup:

It sounds like the ECU goes into safe mode. Get it checked out.

thanks fellas, ill get that done ,its not the same engine for the ecu so u could be right

Could also be just the coil packs from they way you describe it. Just re read your last post, missed it but along with coil packs being a possibility if you are running the 94 ecu map on the 97 engine I would be fairly sure you are running a different map. Check the ecu code/number on top of the ecu under the driver footwell and check to code on a 97 one(maybe a search here will find the code). Can you not get the ecu from the engine that you are mow running?

Back again,
U8, W6, 2C - WRX 92-94

if it's a late 94 (after Sept) z4
I think they are the ecu codes for the abvove.

thanks mate, got it booked in there for a unichip which the fella who is gonna do it tells me will fix the prob. but will hav to wait an see
thanks again!

Back