Forester Turbo

FozzieSTB

Sunday Drivers
Hey folks, Just joined the forum and just got my 99 Forester S t/b. Ok - so it's not as quick as Sti or WRXes but f me it's not slow either. Just in from Japan - 50k on clock - in mint condition....loving it - wifes not too happy - already spent over €50.00 on juice in 3 days....mmm turbo.... Anyway its got a greddy TT already fitted so I'm wondering what mods to make...
Have noticed that the suspension is pretty soft, nose tends rise when hitting power, anyone know a good place to go for suspension?? What else can be done to improve overall performance.....
Will post pics as soon as I have a few taken...... :thumbsup:

Hey FozzieSTB ,
Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Scruff is our residen't Forester expert, as far as i remember
his jeep is running over 300bhp and will give any WRX a run for
it's money. Im sure he'll be along today to give all the info.

Niall.

welcome fozzie! have you tried to get your hands on a set of forrester STI suspension? hard to get id say but worth the look

Welcome aboard, petrol is a major problem with these yokes, sometimes think there is a hole in the tank. You can do almost the same mods to the Forester as you can to the Impreza, most parts are interchangeable. I have the following, TD04L Turbo, full Hayward & Scott stainless steel exhaust (no cats), Dawes boost controller, STi struts and springs all round, STi 22mm anti roll bars all round, Prodrive rear top mounts, Prodrive alloys, Lamco OE boost gauge, TEK 3 custom remap by Andy Forrest. I reckon it is putting out around 270+bhp and it is always run with octane booster. Most parts from an Impreza will fit onto the Forester so it can be modded almost as easily. Get some pics up when you can.

Cheers

Alan

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice one Scruff.... like the photo....
How much have you spent on yours....-I know f all about the workings of this stuff but I'm doing a lot of reading at the mo - where did you get your stuff done?
I'll prob go to the meeting on the 26th so I'll see if I can find u there....

I bought the TDO4L turbo on the net, the exhaust came direct from Hayward & Scott, boost gauge from Performance Subaru, Dawes from Macspower Motorsport, Octane booster from Street Performance, Suspension from a friend and I got it all fitted by a local guy who has worked on all my cars for the last 15 years.Andy Forrest flew over from Scotland to map my car and a few others from the club. I don't even want to think what I spent but it was all worth it.

If you want approx costs, the exhaust was €900, Turbo (second hand) €250,Remap €1100, Dawes €100, suspension €500 (second hand)

If you go for the 1st 3 items you should get about another 50-65 bhp possibly more.

Alan

Hey welcome along. Just sold a black 98 STB that the woman was driving. She was auto though... :cry: :cry: Other then that :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Scruff you'll have to raise the suspension back up on the Ice Cream Van otherwise the 5 year olds will see you fiddling their change :nana:

Frawls

Back