Failed Water Pump....????

Paddy scooby

Middle Lane Hogs
Guys could anyone give me an idea, Last night my car started to climb in temperature when it was idealling. I know this as Im always glued to the FC commander checking all the readings when Im driving or stopped. Anyway I was parked up with the engine running and the temp went to 94deg, which it never does, always never goes above 91deg. On seeing this I observed for a second and the cooling fans were able to return the temp to 92deg but no lower. So I turned off the car, and after a period checked the water level, there was no water in the reservoir or the other container behind the passengers headlight. I immediately checked the oil and THE OIL IS FINE! Thank god! and the oil remains to be fine. Now after a bit of a closer examination this morning I took the car for a normal drive, returned home and the coolant was empty again. After further examination I saw little pools of coolant and general stains of coolant lying ontop of the left hand deck of the engine (as your looking into the engine bay from the front), under the water reservoir kind of area but mostly up towards the timing belt cover. Im hoping to god its the water pump.

Does anyone know is that the side the water pump is on or can anyone shed any light on what they think the problem may be? Any help at this stage lads cheers :ponder:

Very probobly not, there almost bullet proof. Check the top rad hose, and it can be difficult to find the leak. When it's warm, try and squeeze thet op hose, and see if you can feel any weak spot on the bottom of the hose, if there is, replace it. Also, check the top right hand side of the rad for a very small crack.

John

Awh I know about the rad problem Johnny sure I put a new one in 5 or 6 months ago. Awh Im leaving it with my mechanic tonight. I was telling him about it and he said its definitly not the pump either because it is located roughly in the centre of the deck. Perhaps its a split steel pipe around that area, so hopefully its something simple. Any more suggestions are welcome :thumbsup::ponder:

I had a burst Rad a couple of weeks ago. Top left of rad somewhere as you look under bonnet. Couldn't pin point it but coolant had sprayed onto the cam belt cover and forward onto the grill. Had to get a new rad

These rad problems seem to be very common on the classic. More common than I thought.

Ha Ha Ha lol..... lads ITS NOT THE RAD ha ha I changed the rad a few months ago, im getting the system pressure tested at the weekend or early next week so we'll keep an eye on it and ill keep you's posted :thumbsup:

Back