induction.

I

ianflynn

i have heard that if i cut out the hole from under my scoop, and take out all the piping, put a cone filter directly on the airbox, it will be much better, problem is there's 4 other small pipes going into the airbox, what are these and what will i do with them?

i cut my under scoop pipe thing and put this perrin intake on mine.

or do what dan done in his forester stick the air filter in behind the front bumper at the side so the cold air goes directly to the cone :thumbsup:

mine isnt a turbo tho, so the bonnet vent is serving no purpous(spelling?) so i heard from a friend that it would be a good idea to do that so it goes through the scoop directly into the cone

was thinkin of just drilling a small hole at the end of the cone filter and putting it in there?

ye its startin 2 sound complicated. might just get an induction kit professionally installed!!

better taken pics and stickin them up so people no wat ur talkin about and what u need to do :thumbsup:

yeah ill do that because my engine is slightly different than all u "i can get insured in a turbo" people.
i'll get some pictures up asap!! in work now so cant just run out with the camera haha

lol its alright just get few pics of what your looking help on and we will tell you what to do and best option :thumbsup:

pics taken, heres the plan....

cut out under bonnet scoop...

plansforfilter.jpg

remove stuff circled green and stick cone filter directly on where the red circle is.

only problem really is...

jhdhd.jpg
jjeher.jpg

what do i do with these??

i know about the little sensor too im just gonna put that inside the filter its for the air flow meter i think?

dont think be worth the hassle if its a 1.6 wont gain anything either :thumbsup:

have you got an exhaust yet? maybe go for an exhaust cat back system instead of doing breaks and air filter n that :thumbsup:

[quote author=scooby wrx link=topic=6726.msg79431#msg79431 date=1208801910]
have you got an exhaust yet? maybe go for an exhaust cat back system instead of doing breaks and air filter n that :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Even putting an exhaust on this car wont help him get any power,and it point less him taking out the cat as he does not have a down pipe...

not sure if cutting a hole in the bonnet is a good idea.....on the cars with scoops there is a cowl that surrounds the top of the intercooler to ensure any air and moisture only goes onto the intercooler. on a rainy day water would piss into the top of the engine and do damage. i have a gt-4 vent on my saxo and the water got in trough the appature onto the coil pack and fooked it up so i sealed it with fibreglass from underneath, also the sound deadening under the bonnet will sag and get wrecked.

Back