ever had this noise?

S

scoobie03

i have a 03 sti,i have a noise comming from my back diff,when accelarating"not hard"it makes a "clink" and the same again when i let off the trottle
And its driving me crazy :angry: :angry: any help would b great :pray:

i was getting something like what you describe in my b4....i put it down to something loose in the tank but it has since dissapeared.....either that or i cant hear it cause of the new exhaust

[quote author=scoobie03 link=topic=6712.msg77743#msg77743 date=1208290054]
i have a 03 sti,i have a noise comming from my back diff,when accelarating"not hard"it makes a "clink" and the same again when i let off the trottle
And its driving me crazy :angry: :angry: any help would b great :pray:
[/quote]

does it happen when turning or going over bumps

my car has funny noises sometimes but then i just get fed up and tell her to get da fuk out and do it outside :angry: :D

yep i have an annoying squeeky noise coming from the boot, at first thought it was the spare coming loose - nope - then i thought it might be the spoiler - may be not! - now i think it might be the boot hinges or array of bars in the boot itself.

Its driving me nuts - what i want to do is get the wife to drive the car while i get in the boot to locate the problem but i'm afraid she might leave me there, or crash!

any ideas?? :(

Hey Greg , how's trick's :thumbsup:

This will sound mad , but as i have replaced the rear diff on my car bare with me.
Is it a deep clunk, clunk, clunk, or just a light click, click,click or winning noise.

You said it happens on acceleration and when stopping , on my experience a diff wouldn't do this
It would only make noise at 1st, on hard acceleration or if there was 3 lads in the back and progressively
get worse the longer you leave it, basically if you where driving softly on your own you wouldn't here it.

At a wild guess it could be the rubber bushing at the end of the drive shaft going into the diff, if this was
gone it would knock on acceleration and braking :dunno:

Very hard to say with out actually hearing it , best get it checked

Niall.

hey niall,

naw i'm pretty convined its not the diff cos its more of a bodywork squeek and not a clunking or clicking sound, if ya know what i mean.

it mainly happens when on bouncy back roads so could be thinking along the lines of the suspension.

as my car only drives a mile and a half to and from work every day so it doesn't get a good warming up as far as the suspension is concerned, could it be perished bushings :doh:

Did subaru not recall the 03 wrx and sti's for rear suspension noise maybe im wrong seem to remember something about it. :dunno:

Hey Greg,

Sorry I was getting mixed up between you and Scoobie 03 :ponder: :ponder:

Yep Keith is spot on there was Definitely a prob with suspension mounting
on some newer Subaru's , causing a rattling sound . It was an easy fix free of
charge by Subaru.

Hopefully someone will have more info.

Niall.

cheers chaps :thumbsup: sounds like somethin like what niallyboy hit on,anyboy know of a place that could sort me out,as my car is a jap import main dealers arnt to anxious,for some reason :dunno:something about warranty??? thanks again people :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :subaru:

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=6712.msg77933#msg77933 date=1208355283]
Ya the Blobeyes suspension needed to be greased I think and new seals put in
[/quote]
yes there is a known fault with the bug and blog eye suspensions on the back. My 03 sti had it. Rather than replacing them which was €700 EACH.. The local Subaru garage fix is to put a grease nipple in each one and just put a shot of grease in it everytime she's in for a service

Hi. I have a 03 sti (jap import) with a knocking coming from the back. i recently got it serviced and asked the mechanic about the noise. he said it was fairly standard for sti's to have a knocking coming from the diff. Anyone got any ideas on that?
Anyway i made him come for a drive with me and he said there also could b noise from the rear shocks and that he would take them out and grease them. collecting it later on so i'll let ye know how it is then

Back