sick wrx

S

scoobymad

hi folks,
My wrx splutters down low in the revs at about 2000rpm but it stops spluttering when you accelerate any ideas what might be causing this. thanks.

No have'ent got it sorted yet. I wonder is it because its a jap import and has not been remapped would this cause it to splutter :dunno:

Dont think so,she would still run,but not as good as it should,
Have you checked out plugs,fuel pump,fuel filter...etc..

Davelegacy (STI Tuning) has all the diagnostic equipment and an exellent fault finding technision!
Give him a shout!
He's flat out getting sorted for mapping in 2 weeks but should free up abit after that!
Dan

i fitted new plugs in it alright! but i have not checked the fuel pump or filter. it happens when im pulling off slowly with not much trottle but disapears as i accelerate and it tends to happen when cruising at around 3000rpm as well. I should try to change the fuel filter first i suppose cheepest option anyhow

sorry i dident read those last 3 replys before posting. The check engine light is not on. What is a maf sensor and where is it cheers

[quote author=scoobymad link=topic=6691.msg79533#msg79533 date=1208815526]
i fitted new plugs in it alright! but i have not checked the fuel pump or filter. it happens when im pulling off slowly with not much trottle but disapears as i accelerate and it tends to happen when cruising at around 3000rpm as well. I should try to change the fuel filter first i suppose cheepest option anyhow
[/quote]

be thinking a faulty coil pack........

but as above to say over a forum be crazy.........

only a guide to most common stuff.

that makes most sense i'll get onto that asap cheers dave :thumbsup:

Back