blobeye headlamps

markobucko

Octane Boostaholics
hey all :subaru: nuts,,,

has anyone ever taken the orange part out of the headlamp in above model????
seen a picture somewhere of a scooby with clear headlamps and cant find anything on it

No its an orange bit that has to be taken out. It involves putting the headlight in your oven. Theres a couple of threads on this. I'll see can i find them :)

cheers kanye
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
dunno bout the oven though...my wife will do a bobbitt on me if i stick a carpart in the oven... :lol: :lol:

Dave owen did it turns out great! Or you could look for a jap one as they don't have the orange bit!

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=6612.msg76614#msg76614 date=1207933335]
Dave owen did it turns out great! Or you could look for a jap one as they don't have the orange bit!
[/quote]

didnt know that!!
cheers eric.
i'm a mechanic so i reckon i can handle takin the lamps out without fookin it up :pray: :pray:

anyone know where you can get the chrome coloured amber bulbs in ireland.scoobyparts want 30 sterling for two bulbs.......fook that!!!! :hang: :hang: :angry:

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=6612.msg76602#msg76602 date=1207930849]
No its an orange bit that has to be taken out. It involves putting the headlight in your oven.
[/quote]

I knew that. Thats why I posted the link first then the picture of what to do with the bulbs.

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=6612.msg76822#msg76822 date=1207957429]
Oh right didnt see the link :D Ring Mc Keevers Mark, they might take ures along with a couple of pound maybe
[/quote]

doubt that.....

well did ya do it? did it take long, and look good?? might do it myself!!!

Think most motorfactors can order the bulbs.Cant remember how much but under a tenner.

:smokin:

I did it with my blob, it really transforms the front of the car.
There a big lump of a light when you go to fit it in the oven!!
Best of luck with it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=6612.msg78034#msg78034 date=1208369959]
had ordered chrome bulbs and led sidelamps,got them today so i'll have a go 2moro.

keep ya posted :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Me and AndyC I think it was fitted LED side lights and after a few weeks they start flashing. So just warning u that u might have to take the lights out again to put in the old bulbs :thumbsup:

as Kanye says :thumbsup: I fitted LED bulbs to my sidelights and they started flashing so I had to take them out. Tried another set and the same thing happened.

Back