What wax do you use?

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
And no im not talking about your Brylcream! I was using Auto Glym Ultra Deep Shine on the Altezza, and thought it really brought out the colour when done properly. It was however not the easiest to buff off. What brands would you guys recommend and is there any places in Dublin that do a really professional full valet service including removal of swirl marks and other minor paint imperfections?

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=6605.msg76447#msg76447 date=1207867723]
Meguiars and a Clay Bar evey few months.
[/quote]

Whats the crack with the clay bar? what is it and is it easy enough to use? Could it do any damage if used wrong?

I always use meguires products and wouldnt recomment anything else!
I use 'Cleaner Wax' as it comes off like dust leaving a really nice deep finish!I did a 'Detail' on my scoob before x-mas and could'nt beleive the result!Got myself a Quick Detailer Kit in Halfords for E38!its has everything you need including two clay bars!if you are going to do this,then make sure you use PLENTY of lubrication(supplied in the kit) before you start claying!
Then finish off with Meguires Trim detailer for all your plastics and Meguires Tire Shine on the Tires!

As for a professional Valet in Dublin check these guys out

www.detailer.ie

There not cheap,but def the best! :thumbsup:

Meguires Gold Wax One a week and Speed detail if I haven't got time!

Meguires Gold Wax + tyre shine well worth the money easy to take off , blah blah ,i ll be lookin for sponsorship from meguires next :dance:

Gone to autoglym now , piece of piss to take off :653:

autoglym is good but it can be messy leaving white marks on the window rubbers if your not careful, meguilars is good for the money :)

Colour magic (to cover stone chips etc) then maguires.Having said that havent done in the last few months just wash each week.Still looks ok but must do next week.

:smokin:

that colour magic is brilliant my brother used it on his car and it got rid of light scratches and the car looked like new after it

yeah clour magic gives a great finish but it doesn't last...used Auotglym paint restore and super resin polish nice finsih not that the brightess finish but seemed to last

I used the Meguiars Detailer and Clay bar on friday, my baby is now softer than the pillow I sleep on! Who'd of thunk it, cleaning a car with a bar of clay!? :shock:
Gonna give her the Meguiars 3 Step this saturday before the Charity drive: Paint Cleaner, Polish and then the Carnuba wax!

Is it wrong that I get excited about cleaning my car?? :lol:

Later dudes!!

i got that Meguiars 3 Step stuff too. Did step 1 last weekend Got a lot of crap of my paint , removed some very light scratches. And was squeaky clean when buffed off Went to apply the step 2. it didn't go on as easy as the step one. When i went to buff it off it left the finish in an awful state. It wouldn't really fully buff off. I think the car was too hot and it was too sunny out when i was doing it so it just reacted weird with the paint. Had to use the step 1 on it again to remove the Step 2! only applied the Step 2 to one panel but wasn't too bad. Never got around to step 3! Anyone else find this? or do you need an orbital polisher to buff out the step 2 polish?

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=6605.msg103263#msg103263 date=1217952205]
i got that Meguiars 3 Step stuff too. Did step 1 last weekend Got a lot of crap of my paint , removed some very light scratches. And was squeaky clean when buffed off Went to apply the step 2. it didn't go on as easy as the step one. When i went to buff it off it left the finish in an awful state. It wouldn't really fully buff off. I think the car was too hot and it was too sunny out when i was doing it so it just reacted weird with the paint. Had to use the step 1 on it again to remove the Step 2! only applied the Step 2 to one panel but wasn't too bad. Never got around to step 3! Anyone else find this? or do you need an orbital polisher to buff out the step 2 polish?
[/quote]

Happens to most products when they are left to dry in the sun on a hot car. If it happens, dont go hell for leather to get it off or yo might do some damage, just use some quick detailer and it will wipe straight off.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=6605.msg103270#msg103270 date=1217953146]
Happens to most products when they are left to dry in the sun on a hot car. If it happens, dont go hell for leather to get it off or yo might do some damage, just use some quick detailer and it will wipe straight off.
[/quote]

I'll keep that in mind for when I'm doin it!! And that Quick detailer leaves a nice shine all by itself!

Back