Any1 got a top pitch mount bolt??

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
As above, took off the intercooler yesterday to find that the 1 that should be there wasnt. Well it was actually rob(scoobyke) that saw it missing, I know I wouldnt have noticed. Its the bolt (on the gearbox side) for the link that connects the gearbox to the frame. Went to the local subaru garage who dont stock them and would probably be late next week by the time they get it.

Re: anyone got a top pitch mount bolt??

can you not just use any type of bolt...dont think its a special one..is it???
:dunno: :dunno:

I just assumed it has to be made out of a specific grade of steel in case it shears :dunno: :dunno:

suppose so...but its better than none at all..... :lol: :lol:
must of had a bangin comin from engine bay?????

[quote author=b4heaven link=topic=6589.msg76303#msg76303 date=1207843630]
i mite have 1 i'll check for u l8r
[/quote]

Sound man yourself

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=6589.msg76304#msg76304 date=1207843740]
suppose so...but its better than none at all..... :lol: :lol:
must of had a bangin comin from engine bay?????
[/quote]

No banging or any such noises, it hasnt seperated fully from the gearbox so the way it is i wouldnt have thought that it would make any noise.

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=6589.msg76314#msg76314 date=1207845483]
[quote author=b4heaven link=topic=6589.msg76303#msg76303 date=1207843630]
i mite have 1 i'll check for u l8r
[/quote]

Sound man yourself

no bother boss i have a nice few bits sittin down at the house and im almost sure i should have what ur lookin for so i'll check it out when i got off work and let u know
[/quote]

No its pretty easy,its the pipes to the turbos that area pain to get off...but ones we had them off the intercooler came off no probs...

are they bolted under the intercooler at the back (bolts at the bottom pointin up )and how many are there :ponder:

3 bolts i think hold it in place,then the 2 jubilee clips that are on the turbos under the intercooler,think the bolts you on about are the ones that hold the Y-pipes onto the intercooller...they dont need to come off...hope this helps... :dunno:

[quote author=gearoid b4 link=topic=6589.msg76333#msg76333 date=1207849296]
@blacklegacy was it hard to get the intercooler off :ponder:
[/quote]

Eh, ye with robs help it was easy enough (No way did I spend 2 hours the previous day on my own tryin to get it off :lol: :lol: ). Its much easier when you have someone there that knows what they're doing. There's 2 bolts on top that attach the intercooler and the brackets. We took these out, then removed the bracket on the passenger side completely. Loosen the jubilee clips on the 3 pipes and then just go to town tryin to get them hoses off. A big flat headed screwdriver is good to pry the pipes away. Once we had that done, we unscrewed the drivers side pipe and left it sitting there (the reason for this is that there are 3 or 4 tubes coming from the boost solenoid attached to the pipe, it was easier than trying to remember which tube goes where). When you have that pipe off, you can take the intercooler away. Then plastic bag everything to be on the safe side, make sure no dirt gets into the engine. Shouldn't take more than half an hour to take it off. Once you've that done, you can look forward to havin great craic puttin it back on :thumbsup:

small bit of grease or Vaseline inside the pipe rim and it should go back on easy.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=6589.msg76377#msg76377 date=1207856302]
small bit of grease or Vaseline inside the pipe rim and it should go back on easy.
[/quote]

Bet its not the first time uve said that to someone.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I was typing that comment I was laughing at the replies it would get :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=6589.msg76377#msg76377 date=1207856302]
[/quote]

its alright to do that is it? Will throw a bit of vageline on it and be sorted so. Didnt know if it'd be risky that any of it got into the engine

Ive been doing it for years. Ive used it on intercooler and radiator pipes to get them back on.

like I said just a small bit inside the pipe rim. A very very small amount will slide the pipe on easy.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=6589.msg76385#msg76385 date=1207857310]
Ive been doing it for years. Ive used it on intercooler and radiator pipes to get them back on.

like I said just a small bit inside the pipe rim. A very very small amount will slide the pipe on easy.
[/quote]

Sound man, cheers :thumbsup:

Back