jap import restricted

S

scoobywrx

mate has a classic jap import 1996 wrx sti and is tops out at 110 still restricted what all does he need to do to remove this?

he needs it remapped still. im from up north but i need to know what all ya do to get it derestricted :dunno:

what do they look like got a link to anything similar?

Check through for sale section on here.
Somebody was selling those pivot things

You can go with the RSM which has a nice LED unit that displays speed, RPM in a digital format. You can also use it to calculate your approximate BHP, quarter mile, 0-60mph, 60-100mph trap times with the G sensor.

[quote author=scooby wrx link=topic=6544.msg75676#msg75676 date=1207613222]
mate has a classic jap import 1996 wrx sti and is tops out at 110 still restricted what all does he need to do to remove this?
[/quote]

ah now is 110 not fast enough 4 him now.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: gd joke 110 isnt good like ya want it to go further on long journeys on big motorways over in england heading to likes of santapod :thumbsup: take big run dwn them clears motorways :wazzup:

at sti brian,

re that link, would ya need a re-map or should it just work ok

[quote author=Sti Garda link=topic=6544.msg76484#msg76484 date=1207873998]
at sti brian,

re that link, would ya need a re-map or should it just work ok
[/quote]

Can't imagine why it would need a remap, its only overriding an electrical limiter. All jap cars sold in the UK need to have speed in mph for the mot so I would imagine they throw that part in :dunno:
Give milsport a call & let us know how you get on.

@ sti garda, just gave milsport a call there. For my car & probably all jap classics with the newer style dials there is a different unit to delimit. Its an electrical rather than mechanical unit, its actually cheaper at 40sterling but does mean the clocks in the dash have to come out before being able to fit.

cheers brian, sounds like a good idea!!!!!
id love to see wat she could do??

Back