Expected power increase....?

antonm

Petrolheads
What is the expected gain in power from a straight through exhaust system?
The reason I ask is that I recently had to change the down pipe on my car back to the original for the NCT and I didn't really notice any difference in power at all.
She passed the NCT too :)

probably about 10 to 15 BHP but its the torque figure that will see most improvement.

I posted on this thread but for some reason it dident appear. Ive heard quotes of 30 and 35 bhp with a full exhaust but IMO id say 20 to 25 bhp for a full system.

Damo

I would of said 20 - 25 bhp
but that depends on

A) the type of exhaust system

B) your car

c) how long it takes for your ECU to react to the cat
back in

Niall.

A) Striaght Through Magnex
B) 2002 Sti European
C) It was in for about 5 days, remember it was only the down pipe section that was changed.

I would say of the 3 section the cat would give most restrictions , i had to put mt cat back in for NCT aswell and noticed she wasn't using as much juice either..........so to me that would be saying down on power aswell............?

I would just like to add that I brought the car with the straight through on her so I don't know what it was like before.

2002 model had 3 cats if memory
serves me correct.
Down pipe, center section & back box.

Unless that had something to do with it ???? :ponder: :ponder:

Niall.

She has four sections, CAT in down pipe and next section as far as I can see. It took f**king ages to get the correct exhaust too..!! :evil:

yeah, there were none in her at all when I got her and on the Charity Drive too. Only changed the down pipe for the NCT and had it there for about 5 days before I got the chance to change it back. It's not really a problem, I just thought I would notice a differnce. I suppose if I changed the whole exhaust system I would.

Back