How to remove a B4 top mounted Intercooler?

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Hi guys, is the starter motor for the B4 under the intercooler? If so, has anyone got any information on how to remove the top mount? I have some info on how to remove the starter motor once i find it but if any has anything more detailed please post it up. When i turn the key in the ignition all the lights come on but when i turn the last turn to start the engine, nothing happens and it blows a fuse so i assume the starter is buggered now seein as just put the new ignition in. Had a search but cant find anything. Cheers :thumbsup:

Oh and does anyone know where i can pick up 50amp fuses? I've tried 3 different motor factors and a farm machinery place and no1 seems to have them. 1 place gave me a 60 amp fuse for €4.50, does that sound about the right price?

Re: remove top mount to replace starter motor

mate i would check the wiring at the ign u put in..if its blowing a fuse that big then its a dead short to earth..very unlikely that its the starter causing it..check the wireing first :thumbsup:

ye i did it carefully, just replaced like for like. Everything comes on when you turn the key, all the lights an all then the last click to turn the engine over is when it blows. It was the exact same with the old ignition that was broken off s i just assumed the next place to look would be the starter...what do ye think?

Spoke to an auto electrician today who reckons it s the starter motor so the intercooler needs to come off.

Any1 know what needs to be done to get the intercooler off? I've removed the 2 bolts and loosened the metal tie wraps around the 3 pipes,there is some movement in it but afraid to go too hard at it. Is there anything else or is just a case of brute force now to get it off?

Back