revs

cally

Petrolheads
lads i put a HKS dump valve in the car a while ago and now the car idles at 600 revs. is this normal :ponder: cos sometimes i think its goin to konk out on me. i cant remember wot it was like b4 the dump valve went in. is this a normal rev?????/

cheers all

cally :thumbsup:

yeah it should be low enough,but think it should nearly idle at bout between 800/900rpm.. :ponder:

AS above 800 - 900 rpm is the norm
Not too sure how a dumpvalve could cause this :dunno:

Do you still have the original one ??

Niall

Same kind of thing happend to me the day i put my HKS on a couple of weeks ago

the revs will drop to about 2oo and somethimes it knok out :ponder:

im goin to the old one back on and see if its any better.

Lads not taking the p1ss at all and I'm not technically minded at all so just want to rule out a possibility. I have a hks ssqv that was bought in proparts so I know its genuine and its spot on, where did you boys buy yours, is there any possibility that its an imitation, ie. bought from ebay or other such places?

[quote author=cally link=topic=6532.msg75554#msg75554 date=1207601807]
bought it in xtreme autos
[/quote]

That rules that theory out then, you'll have a genuine 1 there :thumbsup:

I've a Blitz DV and my car idles between 600 and 800 rpm. Usually more towards 600. Never really tought much of it and nevers seems as though its gonna cut out. :ponder:

I bought my HKS SSQV from nengun 3 years ago. I put it on my scooby and the revs didnt change at all. I think the idea of the dual chambers in the SSQV is to help with the idle once the valve is fitted. Maybe someone can verify that or rule it out?

last year i put on a friends forge d.v instead of my hks b.o.v just to see and the car kept cutting out anytime the revs dropped.
i put my own one back on quickly.

you need to adjust the dumpvalve. some have a threaded type adjuster, some you have to change the spring :thumbsup:

[quote author=RS-RA link=topic=6532.msg75690#msg75690 date=1207637574]
you need to adjust the dumpvalve. some have a threaded type adjuster, some you have to change the spring :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Good man Im glad someone said it, I thought everybody knew how a BOV can effect idling and another thing that can happen if it is not adjusted properly big plums of black smoke will come from the exhaust, just FYI

Back