Jap Carrozzeria "Pioneer" Sat Nav and Tv ........conversion to Irish Frequency?

L

legacygtb

Jap Carrozzeria "Pioneer" Sat Nav and Tv ........conversion to Irish Frequency?

Hi, Can anyone enlighten me as to whether a Jap import Sat Nav and Tv Carrozzeria "Pioneer" head unit can be converted to receive Irish TV broadcasts? I've done the FM booster on the standard Sub CD/Radio and it works a treat, thanks Fergal! I heard a whisper that although the Sat Nav needs the proper region data DVD to work........the TV Uhf/Vhf signal receiver could possibly be boosted or replaced with another so it'll pick up RTE and the like! It just dosen't seem right that a system as good as what's installled in my 99Legacy GTB should be wasted.........all for the sake of a tuner!! I'd love to know if it's possible .......or at least .......to know for sure I'm chasin' a lost cause! Thanks in advance ......Bob.

Re: Jap Carrozzeria "Pioneer" Sat Nav and Tv ........conversion to Irish Frequency?

Is this BMW 520i BOB????

Re: Jap Carrozzeria "Pioneer" Sat Nav and Tv ........conversion to Irish Frequency?

Hi Dave! Yes ......the one and the same .......still have the BM too! Brought in a GT-B Legacy Wagon from the mainland ........wanted a WRX STI ......but MR Insurance wasn't too pleased ......so ......did a little research and discovered I could have a GT-B with twin turbo's .......and lower insurance premiums' than the BM!! Bm is looking for a new owner at the mo ........will only release to a good home!!! Looks like I've been Scoobied!!! ........Thought I was a BM lifer when I drove the 520i..........but ..........after the drive up from the docks in the GT ......I'm hooked!!! LOL

Right .......cats' out ........turning off the lights ......talk to you soon .......any ideas/solutions to the TV in the car? :wall:

Hi Bob,

hows it goin? did you ask Fergal about it? id say if anyone knew whether you could or not it would be him so id give him a try. :thumbsup:

George

Hi George ......Fergal was with me the day after the GT landed to sort out a Clifford alarm and he decided to leave the Viper alarm in it after consulting a techie at Clifford UK. He told me that the Viper alarm was made by Clifford (DEI) and was was just branded differently for Japan/USA markets! The techie reccommended not to remove it as it was possibly better/the same than the one I'd organised for him to install! He had a quick look at the TV/Sat Nav DVD player and the pop out 7" screen and told me he may be able to get the system up and running ..........but we were both in a rush ......... and he said he'd have a proper look at it another time ............I've yet to get it sorted! The DVD player says DVD-Rom drive so I'm thinking that it may only read a data disc ....such as as SAT Nav data disc. I've tried both genuine and DVD+/-R but still nada! I may have to brush up on my Japenese to understand the message on the screen when I insert a disc! Probably says "Chicken Curry and flied Lice"!!! On a different note ......what's the story with a straight 95 Ron remap, (not a 95 Ron +Booster remap!)? Is Andy the one to do it .......or is there someone else (local) that's as good? Would be interested in having a Knock Sensor fitted if you're available until I make a few more kitchens to pay for the remap! :) Talk to you soon! Thanks again!

Back