Legacy brakes

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So heard from a few different people that the front brakes on the Legacys aren't really good enough for the power of the cars. I noticed that today when i put the foot down and then broke hard, they dont seem to stop good enough, maybe there is a problem with them, im just comparing them to the brakes on my altezza which would give you whip lash sometimes, they were so good. Can anyone recommend a good set to upgrade to? and where can i buy them. Cheers

anybody? set of 4pot+ front calipers and disks? Anyone hear anything about the K-Sport 6 pot ones? or would drilled and grooved disks and better pads be enough?

I've been thinking of upgrading to a set of 8-pot k-sport brakes myself. Supposed to be good, the standard 2 pots on the B4 leggy's are sh1te. Are 2-pots standard on the new model too?

A set of gold brembos off a new age impreza would be lovely
Fronts should bolt straight on and some one like godspeed brakes can supply you with a kit for the rears and then use mintex 1144/1155 pads or similar,
And fresh racing grade brake fluid! If you feel like splashing out go for braided front brake lines aswell!
Probably the cheapest good brake upgrade and would work really well!

Oh and sorry I have to say it!!!
Quote "the brakes on my altezza, they were so good!" Tell that to the poor fence :lol: :doh:
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=6473.msg75322#msg75322 date=1207519413]
Quote "the brakes on my altezza, they were so good!" Tell that to the poor fence :lol: :doh:
Dan
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: thems fighting words!!

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=6473.msg75312#msg75312 date=1207518113]
I've been thinking of upgrading to a set of 8-pot k-sport brakes myself. Supposed to be good, the standard 2 pots on the B4 leggy's are sh1te. Are 2-pots standard on the new model too?
[/quote]

i wouldnt say the 2 pots are sh!te..they are nearly as strong as the 4 pots i have now but they do fade very quickly

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=6473.msg75322#msg75322 date=1207519413]

Dan
[/quote]

ooh thats harsh, brakes don't really work when you going sideways into a fence!!
How much would the Brembo's off an Impreza cost?

I Think the going rate is about €500-€600 for the fronts! and You'd fit them your self! Easy
The rears would be another €200-€300 and you need a fitting kit for them! once you have that, should be handy enough!
There are better brakes out there but not for less than a grand!
The brembos are great! I only chanced my brakes to the big porsche ones after litterally 70KM of flat out motoring around mondello with mintex 1155 pads and racing fluid, they started to fade, a bit!
But I was working them savage hard! harder than you could ever go the the road,
So they were only barely not up to it! but they do look great :thumbsup:
Dan

howaye...

i put 4 pots on mine up front, put dimpled and grooved discs all round and new pads, seemed to be fine..! just remember that those beasts weigh in at over 2 tonne thats a lot of car to be stopping..!!!

slan

smurf..!!

:subaru:

so where can i get them lads?

@Dan is that price you quoted me new for a set of Brembo's or used? Car is in the garage still so i could get them put one in the next day or two if i can buy them from a Subaru dealer or something?

That's used!
I think davelegacy might have a set! he defo has rear ones any way! I borrowed them when my rears were getting painted to match the red porsche brakes, If not I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction!
Best of luck with her man!
May I also commend you on upgrading the brakes before going for more power! :thumbsup:
A Very sencible move!
Dan

with great power comes great responsibility!
well after my recent luck! thought that price was too good to be new! think i would prefer a new set or ones with very low mileage

Found THESE but says they wont fit behind standard wheels :computer:

Alternatively just go for new disks and pads:

http://www.fastwrx.com/lebruppa.html

Anyone know what these hawk pads are like? Lots of dust? good in cold breaking?

the 2 pots are fine for road use they are strong brakes have saved me a few times..i only put 4 pots and grooved disk on becasue i was planning on doing a few track days this summer and they fade badly..its a good upgrade i wouldn't put you off them but the 2 pots are up too the job with dot 5.1 and decent pads.
I know you plan on buying just mean there's no need to panic...you might even have trouble fitting the subaru 4 pots in there on those wheels mine are very tight and they seem to angle out more..if you want you can try one of your wheels to see before you buy

cheers Dagnut, might take you up on that offer! if i can pick up a decent set of second hand ones at a good price, and they fit, ill go for the 4 pots, if not i think just some decent pads and maybe some nice drilled and grooved discs.

Cant see myself going on the track really!

Good man Dagnut :thumbsup:
You do need 17''s for the brembos, Your discs should be 297mm not 326mm like the ones in that link!
As Dagnut says, if the standard 2 pots are strong enough but they just fade, just put mintex 1155 pads and mintex racing fluid in her!
In my skyline that has done hundreds of laps of mondello, the standard discs and standard 4 pots (exactly the same as scooby 4 pots on dagnut's) I just use those pads and fluid and she's got great fade free breaks all day long!
Dan

grand so anyone know who sells some decent disks and those mintex pads? maybe Mintex pads and disks would do he job nicely.

A crowd called Brake distributers Main (mintex distributers, ask for Brinsley!) :thumbsup: on the greenhills road just off the walkinstown roundabout, If you come off the roundabout, up the greenhills rd, you pass an autoparts place on your left! turn left just after that, then take the first road on the right, then second gate on the left and the shop is on your left!
Maybe a good idea to take your pad out and and make a trace of it to show him!You'll want 1144(fast road/track) or 1155(competition) pads,the discs should be grand! and dont forget to get good fluid, (C-tech or racing)
Best of luck!
Dan

ah ye thats the place i bought my Mintex Xtreme pads from for the Altezza! Will get them there once i get a chance to take a picture or trace them! Should be picking up the car tomorrow, fingers crossed!! I cant think about anything else!!!

Back