brake trouble (any help asap)

sti v5

Middle Lane Hogs
lads just back from my first week down in cork and im in a spot of bother... when i was down there my brakes started squeeling pretty bad when theyd heat up... at first i thought there was dirt so i gave them a good washing but on the way home today on the main roads and that i could hear them squek and when id have to slow down for a town the squeel was serious..... it goes when i press the brakes tho.... pads are fine, plenty of meat on them. can anyone help me with this or if know a mechanic cos ive to go back down on sunday and i need to know if its safe to drive... i dont want to do any damage.... any help greatly appreciated.... cheers

I had a problem along the lines of yours in an old car and it turned out to be a cracked disk. loads of noise when moving but nothing when i'd use the brakes. Have you checked the disks over??? :thumbsup:

The coating on the disc could be worn down! Change your Disc's.

ill give the discs a good check over tomorrow... there nearly new tho only about 7000 k on them... there ebc discs.... would bad quality pads do it?????

i'd defo try some copper grease or check the warnin guard on the pads pds mite look like theres loads on it but the guard could be still causin it to squeal

Back