Anybody help please?

M

Matt

On my way home from work today, taking it easy till the engine warmed so had my eye on the temperature gauge.
Noticed it started creeping above the usual middle position heading Hot pretty rapidly.
So i pulled over into the hard shoulder on the M1 and turned the engine off and popped the bonnet to find a coolant leak hissing out.
It was dripping out from under the car at this stage.
Looks to me like the front Small Rad for the aircon is where the leak is as the main Rad behind it seemed pretty dry.
Could this be right, is it connected to the same coolent system as the engine Rad?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Was talking to a mechanic friend of mine and he said the aircon is totally seperate to the Engine Rad, so the problem must be the engine Rad.
It must have just spat over the aircon rad causing it to look like it was leaking its self

The rads on imprezas crack all the time i put 3 in my last yoke small ceack bottom left on one and bottom right on the other one :angry:
Mine would not leak on tick over only under pressure hope this helps

Thanks keith.
Sounds about right. Grand at tick over after a minute sittin there.
Im working beside a place that fixes rads so im bringing loads of water to get me to work and hopefully they'll be able to fix it.
Is a new one about 250euro? :thumbsup:

They had a go at fixing one of mine did not work it will just let you down again or do damage :dunno:
Better off with the new one c&r are looking for 800 euro :shock: for new rad, i know its not them its more like subaru ireland.

I think i remember a topic on rad prices before and somebody got mad prices.
Other's said they were quoted around the 250 mark i think :dunno:

Cheers.
Found some for 90 euro in uk.
Cheapest ive found in dublin is 279incl vat :thumbsup:

Got the rad taken out and looked at today.
Its fecked so new one on monday. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Matt link=topic=6450.msg74653#msg74653 date=1207336734]
Got the rad taken out and looked at today.
Its fecked so new one on monday. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Matt, I got a new rad in treyners of armagh for €122, brand spanking new.....

Cheers lads.
Drivers side at the top somewhere. It was rotten according to Rad repair place.
Mechanic i know took it out and gave it to them to test as they are next door to him.
Said if they repaired it, it would only burst somewhere else in no time.

i replaced the rad on my legacy before got a brand new 1 for 250yoyo's got in a place on the north circular road its the same rad on the impreza had impreza on the box didnt realise that until i got home but it still went straight in

Yeah i think its the same rad on all turbo's upto around 2000. Not 100% though.
Its just one of those wear and tear things i suppose as the car is nearly 10 years old.

Back