The Stig

Re: The Stig

thats what most people think anyway, they let him at the F1 car so it must be someone like that

well the first stig was Julian bailey, he used to be a f1 test driver for bmw, and as regards the current one, Damon hill DIDNT deny it when he was asked by clarkson, but personally I think that was staged. Jenson Button said that the stig couldnt be a f1 driver because they take very different racing lines so I dunno...Nigel Mansell did the exact lap time that the Stig said the Liana could do so maybe its him!

**edited due to inability to spell!!**

To slim for Mansel..

Take form crash.net

Perry 'Stig' McCarthy:
It was great fun, there was some really good bits to it and the show is run really well. Jeremy [Clarkson] is someone who I've always admired, I think he's a fantastic broadcaster and a great journalist and I think they bring a really different flavour to motoring in the UK.

I'm a big fan of the show and I did the first 22 programmes and it was a laugh. We tested all sorts of things from Pagani Zondas down to Minis and the celebrity aspect of it was a lot of fun as well, but for me it was time to move on as I had a race programme to contend with as well, so I've been there, seen it and done it and they've got someone else in now – I think it's a girl but I don't know. Anyway there is a new Stiggy now!

Crash.net:
Now on Top Gear they use a very hi-tech car with the celebrity drivers in the Suzuki Liana – what was that like?

Perry 'Stig' McCarthy:
I think the Suzuki Liana was a fantastic choice of car because it came down more to where to position the car around the circuit and you would spend some time instructing the celebrity on how to do that. Because of the nature of the vehicle, they wouldn't need to worry about fantastic amounts of power coming in so they couldn't really get themselves into too much trouble, so it was a really good choice of vehicle.

Crash.net:
Was there any celebrity who you found to be really hard work?

Perry 'Stig' McCarthy:
Yeah there was one in particular, Tara Palmer-Tompkinson, she was really difficult, but everyone else was great, they really listened, really applied themselves and were very competitive.

Perry McCarthy, thats who i heard it is also.

There is a good one that was repeated on BBC3 lately where the stig drove a kit car form London to Scotland.
It showed him queing in the shop to pay for his petrol with his full helmet on, when he came to the counter his credit card said The Stig.

Eamonn

i hate to let you guys down but i know who the Stig is and yer all wrong............................................................................................................................................................................IT'S ME!!! yes i've done well throwing people off my trail by hinting damon hill and perry. my greatest achievement was crashing the koonigzzzzegzzzz. if ye want me to reveal my true identity send €1000 euro to a bank account that i will share wit ye at a later date. it's well worth it. ha ha

yeh yeh yeh! stick up those details! i must know! :D

I saw some footage of that jet engine car that crashed the the driver (Richard hammond) in white overalls?????????

Back