sideways racing

pbsti

Sunday Drivers
I am heading up to this event on sunday it is sprint racing, timeattack and 1/4 mile strip .Now my car is fixed runing 1.7 bar on my new turbo a gt spec 32 garrett,we have also reversed the manifold and changed some pipeing..

I will try get some in car video shots and pics of the day..
Just need some good luck for a change .The car is feeling pritty good now ..

Subaru is a love thing (untill it breaks)

The car is still at the tuners will pick it up on tues or wed .Dont have time to pick up ,i will post when i get back i have a new grill and jun front spilter to go on to if i get the time..

Nice one  :thumbsup:

I take it trackday done the inlet manifold for you yeah ?

Yes he did ,they have afull engineering work shop c&c machines the lot.they have moved to a bigger place across the road ..
Robbie knows his stuff..

Hows your 2.33 coming along what pistons and rods are you useing,Are you useing a steel crank,and what turbo.

Yeah grand thanks, Block has been relinered and im using Wiesco 97.5mm pistons so will be 2.35 and have Crower or PAR rods to use. Standard ej257 Crank. Havent decided on a turbo yet or if Ill go rotated straight away or just get the biggest bolt on I can. Ive seen a few good results with a MD321T and seems to be alot better then the older MD321 which on a few cars dident seem to make the power. Its suppose to make more power then the TD06 49 and have great spool up. Otherwise all out with a Rotated Garrett.

Did Trackday make your rotated downpipe upipe etc ?

Damo

Yep he had to make and changeing things quite a bit areal pain and a lot of work for the lads ,the first turdo was t5 hybrid which did not last long was a recon .The gt spec is a big turbo with different fittings so the had to c&c a new flange for the up pipe to fit(seen this been done out of a block of metal ) the manifold had a new four bolt flange made to fit to the new turbo also. He also had to replace two of the manifold pipes as one of them blew out a big hole and not from the welds ,from a bend in the pipe.
Is yours a 2.2 block..if not did you get is machined to a 2.2 with liners. Are you getting the heads ported and changeing the valves and retaners.
If you are going to push over 500 to 550 bhp you will need to change the cams and valves to run the engine over 7.5k..

[quote author=pbsti link=topic=723.msg5757#msg5757 date=1162760147]
Yep he had to make and changeing things quite a bit areal pain and a lot of work for the lads ,the first turdo was t5 hybrid which did not last long was a recon .The gt spec is a big turbo with different fittings so the had to c&c a new flange for the up pipe to fit(seen this been done out of a block of metal ) the manifold had a new four bolt flange made to fit to the new turbo also. He also had to replace two of  the manifold pipes as one of them blew out a big hole and not from the welds ,from a bend in the pipe.
Is yours a 2.2 block..if not did you get is machined to a 2.2 with liners. Are you getting the heads ported and changeing the valves and retaners.
If you are going to push over 500 to 550 bhp you will need to change the cams and valves to run  the engine over 7.5k..
[/quote]

Sounds great, alot of work in going rotated alright. Yeah ill be doing all the valves etc either way but I havent decided on what level im going so dont know about cams. Ver 5 heads and again if im not going rotated or for massive power I wont bother with porting. Its a 2.0 block with liners. For the time being once I get a good strong replacement block and as time goes ill have a think on how far I want to go. Alot of miles on my current engine. Once I get it built and here ill just start picking up bits as I go along and see how it goes. Ill prob chop and change my mind a few times on what turbo and set up to go with. Its more so for a nice road car.

What way are you going for a gearbox, Id prefer to stick with 5 speed and do the PPG Gearkit 1st - 4th and helical because its more like factory still very strong and not noisey, the straight cut kits are quite noisey. Yours is striped out and for track use only yeah ???

Damo

Damien,

Just after I bought my First Impreza Turbo back in 00 I was out in UK Turbo that had a lot of work done on it by Prodrive. It had well over 300 bhp and a straight cut box. It was noisey but it sounded amazing. The closest sounding thing to a wrc on the inside!

Frawls

Yeah I love the sound to be honest but would it do your head in after a few months. :dunno:

Back