Damage

H

hiwd

Hey lads,

Hope someone can help me. Still can't believe this happened, I keep thinking I'll wake up tomorrow and it will be grand.....

Had a little accident a few minutes ago. Only stuck my lovely new ISDC stickers on the car and took her for a spin. Was raining and slid wideways into a poll :( Hit it from the rear passanger side, damaged the back bumper and rear quarter panel (thats what is called I think, the bit where the aerial comes out of) so gonna need new ones of both.

Don't think there was any chassis damage, car drives perfectly, same as before, nice and straight so no damage to the wheels, diffs etc...

Can anyone recommend a good crash repair service? And if possible the approx price I'd be expected to pay for the repair? New back bumper and rear quater panel......

I wasn't hurt and no body else was involved. Only hit it at about 20kph I think...

Thanks lads

A very upset,

Stephen.

thats poxy man. :(.....hope it aint too badly dented.....check the gap between the boot lid and the rear quarter panel to see if its shifed. form what ive seen in body shops i dont think changing out a rear quarter panel is straight forward like say a wing would be. worked in a toyota garage for a few years and watched the lads from time to time in the body shop doin them and cause its tied into the roof and the rear window it looked like a bitch of a job. it think drilling out the spot welds was the tedious part but scoobys might be easier but thats for the bodyshop to worry about. hope you get it sorted soon

Where are you based? If you are in dublin, there is a quality place in Rush called AJK Motors down beside the golf club, they do a savage job, had mine done there. If you are interested PM me and i'll send you on his number.

Hey man, just seen this again now, I never got a pm from you. Whats the story with it, did you get it sorted or do you still want those details?

it can be fixed lad, quarter panel €400 to €500
spot welds have to be drilled out and the arch cut, to allow for new panel to fit.
its alot of work but it can be done,

pm i sent ya, those boys will sort it

Sti Garda :smokin:

(PS: €€€€€)

Hi lads, nasty shunt there Stephen, hope it works out cheaper than expected for you :pray:

On a simialr subject, my car was keyed on Thursday and Friday night :angry: :angry: the entire pasenger side of the car wing to quarter panel and down to the metal... little w@nkers from my estate :evil: and I live in fooking Killiney!! Guess you can;t be safe anywhere :dunno: Anyway I have to get it all resprayed and before any rust sets in :cry: :cry:

Black Legacy, Sti Garda, could you guys send me on the numbers for the guys you have?

Cheers,

Cill

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=6321.msg73448#msg73448 date=1206972783]
might be considered a bit more than a dent
:lol: :lol:
[/quote]

they do paint restores aswell..it was directed at Cill for his scratch

Back