Coolant Leak?

R

Richiesham

Hey gang
Startin to have probs with my Leggy :angry: :wall: :hang:
Lookin under da bonet i spotted da coolant bottle was practically empty and da area around it was stained red.It's not leaking from under neath or when she's parked up but when she's on da move.I think there is air bubbling into da bottle and forcing da coolant out!I heard a gurgling noise from under da hood when I was lookin and some bubbles came up into da coolant bottle!What could be causing this any1 know?Maybe water pump or somethin?I'm gettin her checked 2 moro but worried it could be big trouble!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Bubbles in the water could be the head gasket did you have a look under the oil filler cap for a mayo like stuff.
Best of luck with it and keep us posted
Do you only have the car a few weeks????
If so id bring it back for them to have a look

Ive two words for you, New Radiator! i dont know if the imprezas and legys are the same in that reguard but the top drivers side of the scoobies radiator seems to fail at least once while you may own the car. I got a new one from Treanors in Armagh for €122 :dance:. My car had the same symtoms that your describing, just get a new rad, telling you :thumbsup:

hope its just a rad went through a few in the last impreza yea could be right there Paddy :thumbsup:
It was the bottom o/side that mine went twice

Rad in my B4 went there a while ago, I just got a direct replacement which is fine, cost me €250. Damo is a member here, his rad blew, then he got a new 1 which also went and he got a full aluminium rad from a bugeye Sti that fits perfect into his B4. You should pm him for details or he might be along here later, he's a sound lad, i'm sure he'll be able to tell you where he got it. And an aluminium rad would look the dogs with the blue silicon hoses in your engine bay. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

could b radiator leaking r thermostat sticking...causing it too loose water..wouldnt imagine its the head gasket...prob easy fix..dont worrie :drunk:

Well got it checked anyway,nothin serious thank feck!!!There's a hose(not standard) runnin into da overflow bottle through a drilled hole at da top da Mech said he thinks it's comin from dat!!Dono why it's there!! :D

Back