legacy b4 rsk has to be mapped?

C

copeyhagen

hi all, brand new to the forum and looking for some advice please. :)

i bought a 99 legacy rsk b4 this week, just in from Japan, first irish owner. Im picking the car up on friday. while at the dealers to view the car I asked about running the engine on our fuel and would it need a remap. the guy selling the car says its a waste of money, but everyone else that knows their cars has been telling me to get the engine remapped asap, and until then to run it on maxol (think its e5) and use an octane booster.

tbh i havent a clue and i was wondering, is the remap actually necessary? and would te engine be ok to run on the e5 and octane booster for a couple of weeks? and where can i get an octane booster?! preferabbly in dublin. what rands as well?!

thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome..
Yeah you will need a re-map to run our crappy fuel,but at the moment while your driving throw in some maxol,and lucas,or nf booster,you can also run it on normal pump fuel+booster just to bring up the ron rating...
As for getting it mapped speak to Renno(strretperformance)or Daveleggy(STI tunning)they will help you out will mapping and boosters.. :thumbsup:

Hey and welcome. You should defo get it mapped. Typical Irish car dealers only ever thinking of themselves!! get some pics up wen you can!!
Good Luck with her. Savage cars!! :thumbsup:

As above mate, i have one myself and got the mappng done by Davelegacy (STiTuning). Car running great since :thumbsup: Just run her on E5 and a booster until the map, think Dave has dates the start of May, check the traders section of the site, Renno also maps and has dates too.
Wouldnt take advice on how to look after a Subaru off a dealer, they just want the car off the yard!
Do a quick search of the site, topic has been discussed over and over!
Best of luck with the new motor :thumbsup:
Eli.

Welcome along man! :thumbsup:
Get some pics of your car up asap!
Regarding mapping! It's an absolute must! as far as I know B4's are very prone to detination!
You are right to run on E5 plus booster (half bottle per fill) in the mean time!
Davelegacy (Sti Tuning) or Renno (Street Performance) will sort you out!
If you are getting a remap it's a good idea to de-cat and uprate your fuel pump to get the most from it!
Best of luck with her
Dan

cheers mate thx

thats my one in the link i posted above. they just havent taken it down off the site yet ;)

Ah jaysus your only around the corner from me :thumbsup: need to get leggys around here theres too many impreza's :lol: best of luck with the car mate,ya wont be disappointed :subaru:

ha cool, where you from?

any does any1 know why i cant send private messages, is that cuz I just joined?

cheers.

Welcome along mate, looks like a nice bus alright.

As the lads said, remap is a must - I'm 99% sure that there have been no blown engines on this site after a remap, the same can't be said for unmapped scoobies driving around.

And while you're at it, get it decatted, it will bring smiles for many, many miles.

[quote author=copeyhagen link=topic=6047.msg69122#msg69122 date=1205400067]
ha cool, where you from?

any does anyone know why i cant send private messages, is that cuz I just joined?

cheers.
[/quote]

I'm jus up the road in Edenmore :thumbsup:

Eh i think its cos your not a full member or some jazz like that,get onto our head honcho paulo for more details :thumbsup:

ha no way, i hang around with a few lads from edenmore and ayrfield.

i hadnt planned on de-catting it. is it not too much hassle putting it back on every two years?

Ah it's not that much hassle really! just drop into quick fit and get them to swap it a couple of days before your nct! and back again after!
It's worth maybe 20-25 bhp and much better spool up!
Get a panel filter while you are at it!
Dan

got the car on the friday, drove it for about 4 hours over the weekend and it died on the sunday. they lifted it on a truck and took it back to the dealers. they gave me a shitty blue one while mine is being fixed. the car needs a full lower engine rebuild.. dunno what to do with it... are the engines this soft? the car has only 40k miles i think. is this a common problem with the engines? my head is wrecked. if i wanna keep it it will take 2-3 weeks for the rebuild.. thinking of taking my cash back and buying a scoobie..

[quote author=copeyhagen link=topic=6047.msg73701#msg73701 date=1207039004]
got the car on the friday, drove it for about 4 hours over the weekend and it died on the sunday. they lifted it on a truck and took it back to the dealers. they gave me a shitty blue one while mine is being fixed. the car needs a full lower engine rebuild.. dunno what to do with it... are the engines this soft? the car has only 40k miles i think. is this a common problem with the engines? my head is wrecked. if i wanna keep it it will take 2-3 weeks for the rebuild.. thinking of taking my cash back and buying a scoobie..
[/quote]et

Sounds to me like the engine was fkd before you bought it. Defo get your money back and leave the car with them. My own legacy has never given any trouble but fom what I've heard the Legacy engine is more prone to detonation than the Impreza.

Get your money back and go shopping! Look at the for sale section on this site, plenty of well maintained cars there. :thumbsup:

do you think i should get my money back easy enough? i only had the car for 3 days like...

Back