High Density / Bulbs

car driver

Sunday Drivers
Are there any difficulties associated with fitting either High Density bulbs or ones with a blue tint.
Guy in the Motor Factors said that High Density bulbs should only be fitted as a headlight bulb and not to be used as dims.
Ideally would love Xenon but this will have to suffice.

never had any probs in my sti with high density bulbs and i have them in it years.perfectly legal in either high beam or low.just make sure the wattage of the bulbs are not too high or u could get wiring overheating!!!!maybe some other guys have some ideas... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So should I get same wattage as reccomended in owners manual but in a high density bulb.
My two concerns were overheating issues and blinding other drivers using them in my dpped headlights.

are yis talking about hid......i have this in my car and was wonderin whats the crack with changing bulbs if they go and are they difficult to focus cause that car has to go for the nct. by high density do you mean high intensity discharge or hid

if the bulbs are for the classic.
the piaa h4 (plasma spark blue) are the ones to get....thats heads and dims....pure white light and only a blue tint when there off. 70ster
piaa led side light bulb. 21ster. these also fit the rear number plate.
and will pass an nct, mine did anyway

[quote author=dohcturbo link=topic=5986.msg68344#msg68344 date=1205174589]
if the bulbs are for the classic.
the piaa h4 (plasma spark blue) are the ones to get....thats heads and dims....pure white light and only a blue tint when there off. 70ster
piaa led side light bulb. 21ster. these also fit the rear number plate.
and will pass an nct, mine did anyway
[/quote]

Do these give a better brighter light that standard lamps? Had Halfords xenon super bright in my car and although better, still rubbish

Got the HID kits fitted to mine, lows & highs, really great bit of kit, bought them off a group buy on scooby net. Got the led sidelights as well.

Sides = leds

quadledsidelights.jpg

lows = HID Kit H1 pure white - 6500k kit

HIDcoversionlowneamkitH1bulbs.jpg

Highs = HB3 - HiD kit 6500K

HIDconversionhighbeamkitHB3bulbs.jpg

And they did pass the dreaded MOT up North

Do these give a better brighter light that standard lamps? Had Halfords xenon super bright in my car and although better, still rubbish
[/quote]

way better ud be amazed by it. the standard lights are yellow. these are like a hid kit jonny has.
high and low beam.
the halford ones with the blue tint look nasty...i think anyway.
il post a pic when it stops raining

[quote author=dohcturbo link=topic=5986.msg68370#msg68370 date=1205178016]
[/quote]

way better ud be amazed by it. the standard lights are yellow. these are like a hid kit jonny has.
high and low beam.
[/quote]

I had the bright white halfords ones myself. Better, whiter light than standard but still very poor.
Got a HID kit myself last year but as mine is a classic, without the projector style headlights it will no doubt fail the NCT.

[quote author=Matt link=topic=5986.msg68373#msg68373 date=1205178532]
[quote author=dohcturbo link=topic=5986.msg68370#msg68370 date=1205178016]
[/quote]

high and low beam.
[/quote]

I had the bright white halfords ones myself. Better, whiter light than standard but still very poor.
Got a HID kit myself last year but as mine is a classic, without the projector style headlights it will no doubt fail the NCT.

[/quote]

There was a lad on scooby net said there is a Projector head light kit similar to the twin headlight kit for classics. If I come accross it I will get the details and post them up

Cheers
Seen a couple myself before but couldn't make my mind up if i liked the look of them as i like the standard headlights.
Might just put the normal ones back in for NCT and change back after :thumbsup:

so you have to take out the kit to pass the nct. in a classic
i thought they would pass.
scoobyparts have the kit for 165ster.
are all the kit the same?

As far as i know, the HID lamps cause scatter. I can see it in mine. They dont project an even beam like a standard lamp.

You have your main focul area of brightness which is fine but for some reason, light escapes and causes stray light to project further/higher than your main focul point which generally ends up in the eyes of oncoming cars.

I found that by lowering the lights you stopped blinding other drivers but then your kinda defeating the purpouse of buying brighter lights as although much brighter, your not throwing light as far as a standard lamp.

As for the different types of HID kits, there are loads of different makes, some of the cheaper ones can cause a check engine light or interferance on your radio.

Different colours are available. I have 4.3k which is a bright white light. 6k is a blue tinge to it.

For a classic you need to be sure to order the HI/Lo kit or you wont have main beam.
Some kits come with HID for your dipped beam and standard Halogen for the main beam part.

:thumbsup: :subaru:

il stick with the bulbs for now so.
every fecker flashing you. youd have to slow down just in case its the coppers.

They look great but personnaly i think they should b banned. My eyes arent the best at night time driving and the amount of time i have been blinded by these bloody things is unreal.

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=5986.msg68871#msg68871 date=1205312814]
They look great but personnaly i think they should b banned. My eyes arent the best at night time driving and the amount of time i have been blinded by these bloody things is unreal.
[/quote]

That happens when they are not fitted correctly

The new Range rover has them on it and as wetpatch said should be banned worse when im on the motorbike :dunno:
I see some cars with them on and they are not 2 bad but some are.

Back