1.6 on log book

kanye west

Octane Boostaholics
i see alot of jap imports that are WRX and it says 1.6 on the logbook. What are the cons into buying one of these. Like what happens if you have an accident. What will the insurance man say :doh:

*rant on*

the insurance will proverbly F you in the A.H! you will most definatly not be covered, i think you could get arrested aswell. it also will be taxed as a 1.6 i think, so if a guard looks at the disc he will see 1600, now i know alot of guards are fairly clueless when it comes to cars, but come on! any gobsh1te in the country knows what turbo impreza looks, sounds and goes like! its such a bad car to insure wrongly, i mean, its not too bad when its like insuring a 1.6 lancer mivec as a lancer glxi, i mean, ther both 1.6's, im pretty sure your still covered as you have insured it as a 1.6 lancer. i strongly recommend insuring impreza's right, its a car thats just far too obvious

*rant off*

Norris :thumbsup:

as Norris said and also even if you got away with it and your car got stolen like what happened to somebody i know the insurance will only pay out for a 1.6 which as you know is buttons compared to what you pay out for your wrx or sti

George

i know a lad who had a colt cyborg-ZR insured as a 1.3, he had it for like a year and a half and never got any bother, took off like a gunt from a set of traffic lights one day, acting the feck and showing off to the car next to him, 2 unmarked squad cars were behind him, took the car off him and banned him. another lad i know has a glanza turbo insured as just a 1.3 glanza, shits himself ever time he is at a checkpoint, and nearly got done for racing a daihatsu mira turbo.

Norris try and get a copy of yesterdays indo,front page news,clamping down on garages selling same,1 or 2 on nass road,Garage doesnt have to pay as much vrt as its been brought in as 1.6,insurances comps.say your not insured if you give any false details.

yeh i seen a few one like that in town, 1.6 wrx sti! yeh right!

A lad I know (idiot) had his WRX insured as a 2.0 sport and was stopped in the local village by the Plod, asked him what it was he said "2 litre sport", Cop said pull the bonnet and then asked him why it had an intercooler and dump valve? The lad got a €1000 fine and 5 penely points for no insurance.
Serves him right :clap:
Cheers
John

You might as well not have insurance as insure it as something it's not.... Anybody who does that is a fool and it's people like us who end up paying for these fools..... :wall:

Alan.

i wouldnt like to try and arrest you after i seen the way you went for corrola boy!

[quote author=Norris! link=topic=678.msg5344#msg5344 date=1162334704]
i wouldnt like to try and arrest you after i seen the way you went for corrola boy!
[/quote]

ha ha yeah. the ""BEAR"" attack......

[quote author=JohnM link=topic=678.msg5315#msg5315 date=1162318513]
A lad I know (idiot) had his WRX insured as a 2.0 sport and was stopped in the local village by the Plod, asked him what it was he said "2 litre sport", Cop said pull the bonnet and then asked him why it had an intercooler and dump valve? The lad got a €1000 fine and 5 penely points for no insurance.
Serves him right :clap:
Cheers
John
[/quote]

He probably would have gotten away with it if he said it was a turbo :lol: They would not know what he had it insured as. The insurance cert just says Vehicle marked: 00Dxxx is insured. Well??

I know a guy(muppet) who got caught doing 120Mph in a turbo starlet. Had it down as a 1.3 and had his insurance cancelled, was fined and is waiting to go to court to deservingly have his licence ripped up!! Still on his provisional too so is being done for no driver with him. He bought another car in the mean time even tho he will lose his licence soon. 100+mph = automatic ban!!

Remember insurance companys arnt ur friend, they just want ur money and if they have the slightist reason not to make a payout u can garantee they wont. I heard the same about them clamping down with people saying a car is something it isnt. Mainly all these Glanzas getting insured has normal 1.3 cars. I dont think its worth the risk...

Strange also because when i VRT my car in november they booked my NCT the same time. My car is due in on the 9th of febuary. Its gonna fail anyway. Small crack in head light and emssions probably.

its stupid to insure a car wrong only a fool does it sure for most of my mates around 19 or so insuring a performance jap car is serious money but when you look at which ones chose to insure there cars right and which ones are on foot you see where the extra money goes...2x galanzas down as 1.3s wrote off lost thousands 1x mivec lancer 1.6 glx 11k lost all either driving -1k car or no car at all now and paying loans off.. and then a mate who went all out to get his levin insured properly fully comp wrote it of got 10k full value back for it makes sence to do it write.

as for 100mph automatic ban id off though the same but a complete muppet from down my way in a teg type-r the type of person who hasnt a clue about cars just bought it to show of..insured as 1.6 down as 1.6 and you may rember a write up in a few of the paper a couple o months back including the star and the sun "186kph and keeps licence" he was cought brought to court and was given a 6 points and a fine no ban!!!

Back