power steering pump!

S

smiley-81

Hi all, slight problem, yesterday i went out for a bit of a blast, and a few minutes in i started hearing this whinning as the revs increase. Poping the bonent i soon found it was cominng from the power steering pump, opening the bottle top showed that the fluid was bubbling, and even with the top on it has spat out every where. After a few minutes i drove home not bringing the revs up to much and the whinnig stopped. Can the pump still be saved? Whats wrong? thanks

Similar thing happened to me except my pump had a small leak and unbeknown to me the fluid level dropped too low and I had to get a new one. Davelegacy helped me out with a second hand part. I tried flushing and topping up the fluid but that lasted about a week and the noise was back again.

You probably saw a bunch of bubbles inside the reservoir while the engine was running. You either have air entering the system or your Power Steering pump is going out (usually you hear the noise you described when the pump is going out, I had the same noise)

Im having the same problem on my car.
Ive been told its the power steering pump too. As above i think dave legacy can get recon ones. Id reckon a new one would cost a few quid. :thumbsup:

Back