Hello!!cant decide which impreza is for me....

S

steo800

alrite there!!!

im looking at importing an impreza, the problem is i cant decide what i want.

its gonna be either a gf or gc sti, v5 or 6, but cant decide between a wagon, type r or saloon.

ive searched hi and lo over the last few days to find a site that has a spec sheet to show the differences between the different models, e.g. sti ra limited, type r, regular sti and so on....

to give you an idea of what im hoping to find is something which highlights things like which models have dccd and short ratio gearbox and the other simple things.

currently drive a glanza v, which if all goes to plan will be entering time attack by the end of the year if not hopefully all of next year.

cheers!

type r and ra have short ratio and dccd box..

the v-limited has blue front seats, roof vent, and blue dash and speedo bezel.

wagons and saloons don't except ra saloon above..

@ericsti has a v-limited ra for sale with short ratio box and dccd so you can see interior.........

are the v limiteds saloons?with the same goodies as a type r?

is there both an sti ra v limited and sti v limited, if so whats the difference.

currently have 202 bhp in the starlet, or 167 atw.

if i get around to entering this year ill keep that power, maybe a remap this month to get nearer the 220 mark i wanted(boost controller was screwed and injectors were maxed out) but after the summer when the car is off the road im probably gonna do a rebuild, possibly 1.5 and possibly a vf turbo, 34 maybe? will look into it more when the time comes, fun little car!!

[quote author=steo800 link=topic=5892.msg67139#msg67139 date=1204671760]
are the v limiteds saloons?with the same goodies as a type r?

is there both an sti ra v limited and sti v limited, if so whats the difference.

[/quote]

same thing...

just saloon and coupe..

wat power you planning running impreza?

Welcome along mate! I'd go with the Type R! I'd love one, but can't afford it yet :( Happy with my WRX for now though :)

wont be going mad on the car, its just a car ive always wanted and with the new tax crap its gonna be sooner than i planned.

i doubt ill go any further than breathing mods and a remap for irish fuel.

is there an sti ra, if so, is this the stripped out one for rallying with no dccd or radio...?

then the sti ra limited is semi stripped with radio, aircon, dccd, short ratio box...?

and is there an sti v limited aswell, if so what does this have that differs from the other 2?

cant find the differences between these models on the net

@hiwd, yea i like the type r's but have always had a soft spot for wagons!!
so ill try understand the differences between all the models before i settle on something

[quote author=steo800 link=topic=5892.msg67146#msg67146 date=1204673300]
wont be going mad on the car, its just a car ive always wanted and with the new tax crap its gonna be sooner than i planned.

is there an sti ra, if so, is this the stripped out one for rallying with no dccd or radio...?

then the sti ra limited is semi stripped with radio, aircon, dccd, short ratio box...?

and is there an sti v limited aswell, if so what does this have that differs from the other 2?

so ill try understand the differences between all the models before i settle on something
[/quote]

theres complete guide to imprezas on the site home page

[quote author=steo800 link=topic=5892.msg67146#msg67146 date=1204673300]

[/quote]

The type RA V-limted has the DCCD, It has a radio and The Wrc Special edition came with Elec windows! No side skirts no Passenger air bags! Light weight Bonnet Boot and Roof! Close ratio gear box! Some other small things where removed to weight reduce the car but nothing major! They are by far a great car to drive!
The best drivers car I've driven!

I have an STi Type RA for sale, she's a Version 6 V-limited and a wrc Special edition! Best in Country, you can ask any of the lads about her! Type RA or R are defo the best impreza's for the money! Just a matter of do you want two or Four door!

She was NCT only today and Passed with flying colours! She standard except for the Wheels and the Back box and is priced lower then any other on the market for one reason only and thats so I can get the car I have a deposit on before I get my house!
Any way check her out here http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=5272.0 in the for sale setion of the club site or on carzone here http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Subaru/Impreza/Version-6/929155/

If you look at the other RA and Type R's for sale you'll see a major price difference! Ring me if you want a look! 0862228151,

Eric! :thumbsup: :subaru:

Agree with the above mate, Erics car is spotless & about the finest example around, if you're after a classic with the toys, ie dccd etc then this is the 1 for ya :thumbsup:

hello

sti type r and sti type ra are the same thing just extra 2 doors.

sti type r vlim and sti type ra vlim are the same thing just extra 2 doors and come in blue and blue interior and roof vent and have a higher 5th gear ratio.

TypeR two Door, Skirts! TypeRA Four Door no Skirts! Other then that much the same! Same engine and Gear box! :headbanger: :subaru:

If your iterested you know how to contact me! :thumbsup:

yea sweet car alright, but i think im falling for the 2 doors

is there both limited and v limited versions? if so, whats the difference?

so this is what ive gathered so far for 5 doors;

wrx sti - normal sti
wrx sti ra - stripped out for rallying, no dccd etc.....
wrx sti ra limited - 5 door version of the type r limited, see below

and for 2 doors
wrx sti type r - 2 door with dccd, closed deck block, ic spray, close ratio gear box,
wrx sti type r limited - same as type r but with roof scoop, blue interior and longer 5th gear

would the above be correct?

[quote author=steo800 link=topic=5892.msg68079#msg68079 date=1205076101]
yea sweet car alright, but i think im falling for the 2 doors

is there both limited and v limited versions? if so, whats the difference?

so this is what ive gathered so far for 5 doors;

wrx sti - normal sti
wrx sti ra - stripped out for rallying, no dccd etc.....
wrx sti ra limited - 5 door version of the type r limited, see below

and for 2 doors
wrx sti type r - 2 door with dccd, closed deck block, ic spray, close ratio gear box,
wrx sti type r limited - same as type r but with roof scoop, blue interior and longer 5th gear

would the above be correct?
[/quote]

Thats it alright! :thumbsup:

My car has been price dropped!

Now selling for €14500 you won't get a two door Version 6 or another four door for this money! Well worth looking at! Everything done to it to!

Back