labour

dohcturbo

Octane Boostaholics
prices to fit this...to fit that...what are we paying....
from what iv been told theres different labour costs over the country.
could ye set up...and by this i mean a (rough) price from members from what they have been charged

for instance i pay 150 to change a clutch.

engine 00000 to 0000
turbo ,,
gearbox ,,
clutch ,,
rear diff ,,
exhaust ,,
injectors ,,
fuel regulator ,,
front mount ,,
headers ,,
catch tank ,,
front brake discs ,,
front brake pads ,,
rear brake discs ,,
rear brake pads ,,
pulleys ,,
timing belt kits ,,,
inlet manifold ,,
im sure theres a lot more little bits we cant do or are too lasy to do...
list them and the prices ye have got.

itd be a nice section to have so we have a rough idea on what were geting charged.??????????????????????
if im wrong about this im blaming the :guinness: and the :computer: for this thread.

the more we save the more we have to do to our cars!!!!!

this is a good idea but the traders might not like it..... :p exsposing their swindling ways :nana:
in my younger years i was in the motor trade and had no probs in getting things done to my motor that i couldnt do or couldnt be bothered doin.now that ive lost touch with a lot of the ppl i knew im finding it harder to get things done. not having a ramp is the biggest pain in the arse that i can think of as i can do most of the stuff myself but trying to put an exhaust on a car while up on axle stands is pants. :angry:
it would be nice to have a list of ppl who can do the work we cant and our sympathetic to our wallets........cause we a subaru drivers we have less cash due to petrol costs :whistle:

Well said but it would also be important to have someone do the work that we know does the work well and at a reasonable cost. Especially when you consider the number of cars in the club.

Back