Malfunction indicator lamp (check engine lamp)

CARLO

Hello everyone. Computer back working so on to torment all again

Above light is on this morning and will not go out.Manual advises an emission control system malfunction has been detedcted.

Whats the story with this.
Is it ok to drive car as have to work tomorrow.
Is car still under warrenty reg feb 2003. Think that it is ok untill next feb. Induction kit cause any problems with warrenty.

Thanks for all help.

:smokin:

id imagine it would carlo, I know in my garage they'll look for ANYTHING they can void the warranty with. can you remove it before you bring it to the garage?

Cant as highly intelligent person that installed cut pipe to fit cone filter.

if ya got an induction kit they will void the warranty, it happened to a mate of mine and all he had on was a bailey dump valve, because its not a stock part they said no :shoot: :shoot:

emission control system malfunction has been detedcted.

Maybe your O2 Sensor is gone? This light and reading usually comes on once you have a straight through exhaust or DECAT exhaust.
Hope it helps :thumbsup:

Get a diagnostic done and check the sensor that it calls up. You will have no Subaru warranty on a 2003 car, as the most you will get is 2 years. As it's got an induction kit, a MAF sensor is also a culprit.

John

i used to get this with my 01 bug. i have a str8 true exhaust, up pipe and down pipe. i took off the k&n induction kit and haven't had it since, in saying that i had to get an airflow sensor 1st. hope it helps

Morgan

Hey Carlo,
Warranty for new Subaru's is 3 years.
Induction kit will nearly always blow the maf sensor
quiet a common prob plus it will void your warranty !!!!!!!!

If your MAF sensor is gone your car will keep reving up and down
say 500 rpm - 1500rpm aprox when  idle.

If i where you bring it to another Subaru garage run a diagnostic
check €50 and find out what sensor is gone.

I know the lads at CDA have induction kits for Subaru, that apperently
gets around this prob.

Niall.

Wont be able to get diagonostic done untill next friday as working and thankfully wife wont drive car.

Seems to be getting a bit better but light is still on.

Bit chugish up to about 3-4000 and then takes off. Was going to check if someone fitted turbo when i wasent looking.

Will it be ok to drive handy for another week or could i cause more problems

Thanks everyone

I'll put it this way if it is only a MAF or O2 sensor that's gone
once you take it nice and handy no prob.............. none of
your red lining it through the red cow or anything like that ;) ;)

Niall

:) ;) :D 8)

Diagonostic check done this am.No major problems. Advised that problem was induction kit.

Happy days again

Back