Engine Check light

R

Richiesham

Hey gang,picked up my Legacy yesterday and on the way home da engine check light came on and she was loosing power and totally bogged down a couple of times!!!Da guy I bought it from said he ran diagnostic and she was pinking.He filled her up and added octane booster,half way home i added more and it seemed to fix it but later da check light and power loss came back!I know i have to get her remapped butis there anything else that could be causing this??Any advice would be great!!

Could be the MAF alright,my check engine light comes on the odd time but goes jus as quick :ponder: hav had it checked twice and still no error found :dunno:

I had the same problem in my other car and it turned out to be the MAF Sensor.

Mark

could be just the ecu going into safe mode try reseting it and using a good booster lucas or NF all the rest are sh!te

:thumbsup: fair play lads been having the same problem, whats a maf sensor by the way pardon my ignorance the manual i got with the car is in japanesse :computer:

MAF is the sencor just after your air box that tells the ecu how much air is entering the engine so the ecu can match the apropriote amount of petrol to make the car run at it's best!
It seems to be a common enough problem for freshly imported cars! but once replaced it should go on for a long time!
Get in touch with the club's traders from the traders section and ask do they have a diagnostic machine! STI Tuning and Street perfomance
Dan

Hi Rishie,

pick yourself up a scan gauge on ebay for around €120 and it will tell you exactlly what fault is comin up, saves you forking out for a new MAF sensor if its just the remap you need. I'd also check the compression in the cylinders, if their down it could be a rebuild... hope not though :pray:

By the way everyone, what does MAF stand for?? Mass Air Flow? I know the MAP ( manifold active pressure ) but not heard of the MAF :ponder:

I think it's mass air flow!! I didn't write it before because I wasn't sure!
Dan

If not maf-try o2 sensor-had similar problems and turned out to be a combination of the two-sorted now. maf 135-150 euro,o2 sensor approx 60 euro

Ha ha, are you the same guy that needs a rad...? if so, and if you have a power Fc and commander (programmable ECU, check the injection duty, Id nearly bet the injection duty is 100% cause its maxing out. Do you know why that is, cause the water thats leaking fom your rad is squirting on your front driver side injector and greatly effecting its operation/function. I know this cause this was happening with my scooby. All I did was change my rad, and just wipped up and cleaned up all the stains from around the engine, thats it. The car is now running very healthy and very FAST :thumbsup: :shock: as a recent remapp and RR proved. Maybe its something that other people has recommended, but if I was you I would just change the rad and see what happens,
best of luck with it

Back