hillclimb

J

JohnyB

quick question:
do you need a special licence to enter into hill climb events and is there and engine size limit.

You have to have a racing licence for all racing events afaik - Check Motorsport Ireland website though to confirm.
And there are generally different classes in hillclimbing so should be able to accomodate most engine sizes.

What ya planning?

Here have a read of this link.
http://www.motorsportireland.com/index.cfm/loc/7-11.htm

I'm building a hillclimb car myself for next year, here's a pic .

IMG_6812.jpg

05082007001.jpg

What are you thinking of putting through the corners?

id love a go in that thing dermo. id say it feels alive. what engine ya puttin in it

:thumbsup:

the sister has a 1.6 100nx that has been sitting idle for a few mths and over a few pints myself and a few mates thought to make it a good project car nothing serious more for a laugh then anything else, seeing me get into a 100nx is a laugh in its own right :lol:

@ dermo w
savage looking car :thumbsup:

"don't let the 1oonx fool ye"

I know it used to be my wifes car :whistle: and its killing me to see it just sitting there and rotting away :cry:

You will need to have a race license to do Hillclimbs, but it is one you can just buy from Motorsport Ireland, unlike your rally license which you now need to complete a course in Rally School Ireland to get.

To make sure your car meets the regulations while you are building it go get 'The Green Book' from Motorsport Ireland. It's about €15 but gives you all the details you need on safety etc.

Also most cars that can compete in Hillclimbs can do rally sprints as well, as the regulations are similar for them as is the competition license. If your not sure, join one of you local motor clubs. Usually only costs about €25 per year to join but you will get a wealth of information from them.

Lynne

cheers for the info, just looking to get a place to story the car so we can work on it, might just kit it out for the track that way we can all get a spin :thumbsup:

Have you ever done a trackday??
No regs or anything!
You jusy need a full licence and 150 yoyos for the morning session!
Dan

Back