Hi, Looking for help !

ckay

Petrolheads
I recently acquired a 05 Legacy , just the plain 2.0R but what a car for road handling ! Compared to my previous IS 200 and 318I 's .
I am looking at Impreza's now but not sure what the best model is. Can you please advise me on what I should be looking for.

Hi mate,

Welcome along! As for impreza's, it all depends what your willing to spend. But Type R's are sweeeet! :D

Regards,
Steve

Alrite mate welcome along.

You sound like a bailiff - you acquired a Legacy? :D

You'll need to give us more info before we can steer ya towards your dream ride.
Budget would be a start? Is it for regular commutes or weekend fun? 2 doors or 4? What sort of power are ya looking for? Basic 2l turbo at 220bhp or rebuilt cars with nearer 400bhp?

Whatever you decide I can guarantee you'll love it though :thumbsup:

Sorry about the acquired bit ,,, first time on 1 of these forums so I'm a bit nervous. I love the Legacy but it is just down on power as you know. I am doing 70 miles a day to and from work , so I'd need something a bit sensible on juice but still has a bit of poke , haven't the money for a weekend only ride unfortunately.
I am completely new to Subaru , so I'm a complete novice when it comes to mods and such. Is it best to get a car thats all done or is it safer to build up to your own spec.
Money to spen would be roughly 20k

Welcome along..I wouldnt worry about your use of langauge unless its text speak :thumbsup: I would rather read english than "GR8 tks b4" type of stuff

[quote author=ckay link=topic=5765.msg65644#msg65644 date=1204119508]
. I am doing 70 miles a day to and from work , so I'd need something a bit sensible on juice but still has a bit of poke

[/quote]

you can forget about any turbo scooby then...the words sensible on juice and a bit of poke cant be used in the same sentnce when refering to subarus..you can get economical ones but they aren't fast

I was afraid that would be the case, anything I could do to improve the 2.0 boxer in the Legacy ?

My old 2l turbo Impreza did max 300-350 miles on a full tank, and that would be driving her very easy. So you can budget for at least a tank of fuel a week just for your commute, probably another tank of fuel as well then for outside of your daily commute.

And my current STi only does 250miles at VERY maximum on a tank, in reality its more like 180-200 miles per tank.

So big commutes and fuel bills really go hand in hand.

Not much you can do with your Legacy, air filter and free flowing exhaust would probably only get ya 10-15 bhp so wouldn't be noticeable.

If your happy with the Legacy then keep it, if ya really want a fast car though maybe think about a good tdi for the commute and buying an old legacy or impreza for the weekends.

As above id go for a older impreza maybe typr r :p nd a bike :lol:
You could pick a cheep car up for going to work.

P.S. welcome to the fam :thumbsup:

Some people say that the classic is the best drive! I agree and would point you in the direction of the TypeR two door or TypeRA four door!

I have an RA for sale for the best money in the country if a four door is to your liking but I won't push it on you!
But a cleaner Original one you won't find!

She has the DCCD is a limited edition and a car that I love!

Subaru Impreza Version 6 Sti TypeRA V-Limited wrc edition! (2000)

She is in the for sale section and on carzone if you want a look!

16,000 to club members! :thumbsup: :subaru:

Hi Mate,
I'd more than likely have to do a trade in as I don't have cash to by straight.

Rgds,

C.

Back