neutral position switch

B4 soon

Petrolheads
Hello again people-need more help. Got the legacy diagnosed today. showed up neutral position switch,-20 timing!!!-timing is not out. And also one o2 sensor is not reading-is this because the car is de-catted? And would a map sensor cause the "kangarooing" ive been having?

bad idea to decat a b4 without a map... you will be getting crazy boost spikes and cuts...the way the turbos are piped it uses the back pressure from the cat..i had to crawl around at 1800rpm when i did mine until i got mapped..I dont know what that neutral position means but who de catted the car? the first turbo is probably fcuked aswell have you driven this car? explain kangarooing? i wouldn't drive this car it doesn't sound healthy lad

was de-catted from japan. kangarooing-it jumps forward and cuts back even on light throttle-as if its cutting fuel. and i actually want to get a cat for it.

Thankfully i dont have to drive the car at all if i dont want to. Im tryin everything to sort it. would mckeevers have a cat do you think?

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=5757.msg65491#msg65491 date=1204053884]
was de-catted from japan. kangarooing-it jumps forward and cuts back even on light throttle-as if its cutting fuel. and i actually want to get a cat for it.
[/quote] look i can lend you a cat till you get sorted id rather you tried it to see if it sorts your problem rather than fcuking the thing up..where you at?

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=5757.msg65496#msg65496 date=1204054130]
Galway. where you? much appreciated.
[/quote]

in dublin..bit of a bummer..cant imagine the car was decatted and not mapped..unfortunately i cant sell you the cat as i dont have an nct yet...
as i see it you have a couple of options.
1) refit a cat - couple of things here as well is it just a downpipe??? or a straight through exhaust thats de catting it? you could find it difficult to source a cat down pipe but if its a turbo back exhaust you gonna need the downpipe and a new exhaust.
2) reset the ecu make sure all your sensors are fine, coilpacks and crawl down to dublin and get it re mapped

BUT thats taking it that it is the decat....it just seems strange that someone in japan would do that and then just leave it..ya know? the car is basically undriveable like that

Its just a downpipe. Ill try get a cat tomorrow. I thought it would just be a maf or oxygen sensor. :doh:

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=5757.msg65500#msg65500 date=1204055090]
Its just a downpipe. Ill try get a cat tomorrow. I thought it would just be a maf or oxygen sensor. :doh:
[/quote]

mate im no expert that just from my own experience ya dig?..i would look at the sensors first..totally rule them out..is there a scooby dealer near you can run a diagnostics ? a cat will set you back a good few quid and it wont be a case of getting and impreza one.
would you be sure the decat was done in japan? are you the first registered owner? how new does the pipe look? are the centre cat and silencer still fitted?
is it a possible senario that someone bought it fitted a decat downpipe realised they'd fucked up and tried to sell it on?

Ran diagnostics today-what i listed in my first post is what came up. Also-first turbo is fine-these symptoms come and go-sometimes the car is fine-as it was on the test drive-if i didnt have bad luck id have none!

are you running booster? could be the ecu detecting knock and going into safe mode.. I didn't mean to be scaremongering if the symptoms come and go its unlikely its the decat it would be terrible all the time if not mapped for it

Runnin E5 and lucas booster. Been on scoobynet there and symptoms seem to match the neutral pos switch. it tells the car its constantly in neutral-and cuts fuel because of it.

Guy out here in gort does it in the evenings and GTB on the tuam rd do it too. 40euro. I get my E5 in clarecastle-ennis and limerick is quicker from here than galway so im often there too

Back