Paint

WetPatch

Petrolheads
Ive been thinking ahead and planning. The state of my paint job on my car is starting to piss me off so i was wondering that because my car was originally White and then sprayed blue is it possable to strip the paint off back to its original colour and respray it white again?

Hello Lee,

I would not go as far as stripping the blue paint off & painting it white again :thumbsup:

It all depends on how good a quality paint job was carried out painting the car blue. If the blue paint job was carried out correctly with an appropriate paint process, then this could be lightly sanded to make a good base key to apply new paint. If this blue re-paint was carried out incorrectly, then I would recommend that this finish is sanded off, before you apply a new primer and finish coat etc. This could also reach further to the primer applied before the blue paint etc :ponder:

My father worked in the crash repair business for over 25 years and I have seen a few repair jobs / resprays as well :whistle:

I would recommend that you get your car assessed by a competent paint re-finisher first :thumbsup:

Then an action plan to re-finish the car in white can be done :thumbsup:

I know a man who is the Technical Rep for Sikkens Paint / AKA Akzo Nobel, they are a big multi-national company with billions in turnover (I.E. he does not work for a specific body shop) :thumbsup:

He will be able to advise you on the on the best process applicable for your car :thumbsup:

Just send me a PM and I will arrange for him to meet you :thumbsup:

A full respray on a car can be Very expensive :whistle:

Just Insure what ever you do, that you have good advise before under taking a big job like this, as it could be a big waste of money if not done correctly :doh:

Cheers,

Michael

yep it fairly dear to say the least.
i got a couple of quotes last year from a few places.
a main dealer in town quoted me 3,000 :shock:
and 350ish for the wheels.
he said he taking out all the little carpark dings aswell as the few bigger dents.
priming any bit of rust,
and fully priming the car again.
and then respray in white.....how many coats i dont no.
but iv seen there work and it is good, BUT i dont no if its worth 3 grand.
would love to get it done as theres bout 4 different whites on it.

Back