Tracking

H

hiwd

Hey lads,

I have my NCT soon and my tracking is a bit off, I heard it can be tricky to get it perfect in a four wheel drive.

Can anyone recommend a place to get it done?

:subaru:

Cheers

Regards,
Steve

Cheers Keith, only around the corner from the job as well :)

Regards,
Steve

Were talking about Advanced Pits stop yeah?? Just to be sure :D

Regards,
Steve

Sound job, thanks man :thumbsup:

And on another note, I have money coming my way soon, so might give you a bell about mapping, since your only around the corner.

Regards,
Steve

i have no faith in advance lads. i took my b4 into them last week to get it tracked and it came out with damage done to the front splitter, but i suppose its all down to who you get in there to do it, the two who did mine were polish. i wouldnt even go in there again to use the toilet.

if you are anywhere around abbeyfeale you want to go to ger collins he does all bmw's, his tracking is all computerised its bang on

[quote author=stevo link=topic=5750.msg65587#msg65587 date=1204067111]
i have no faith in advance lads. i took my b4 into them last week to get it tracked and it came out with damage done to the front splitter, but i suppose its all down to who you get in there to do it, the two who did mine were polish. i wouldnt even go in there again to use the toilet.
[/quote]

Cheers Stevo, which Advanced branch was it where you brought the leggy?

Regards,
Steve

I brought mine to Advanced in Carlow and they were great, but I have had a bad experience with an Audi Allroad (also 4x4) in Advanced in the Long Mile Road, and I won't be going back there. They set the tracking so far off that within 500 miles a new set of tyres were almost eaten off, and they wouldn't fix the problem, told me I should have noticed it straight away.

[quote author=lynne78 link=topic=5750.msg65625#msg65625 date=1204104991]
I brought mine to Advanced in Carlow and they were great, but I have had a bad experience with an Audi Allroad (also 4x4) in Advanced in the Long Mile Road, and I won't be going back there. They set the tracking so far off that within 500 miles a new set of tyres were almost eaten off, and they wouldn't fix the problem, told me I should have noticed it straight away.
[/quote]

Thanks Lynne, I'll keep it in mind ;)

it was the one in killarney. in fairness the boss there was very quick in getting it sorted, the guy who filled and re-sprayed it said it wasnt the first time he got work out of them.

stevo

to not open new thread - I'll dig this one out with question...

How much do you pay for 4-wheel tracking?

cheers

lads belive it or not,

if you have had your car tracked in advance beside FBD

in the last 5 years it was most likely me
that done the tracking.

i done alot of the cotract cars and sports cars.

Only got mine done about 3 wks ago in advanced in Tralee, cost €65. After gettin it done car was still pullin to da left but got local garage man to check it out and was told it was spot on, so cudn't really fault advanced... :dontknow:

Don't know if tis helps but was told by a number of people, a few of dem on ere to switch da front tyres around and hey bingo it made da difference.

Back