Nurburgring May 2007 invite

W

wasps rfc

i cleared this with John as the events co-ord

there is a group of us heading over to the ring in may next year who wanted to extend the invite to yourselves here

i helped organise a really successful jaunt during the bank holiday last may (10 of us) and we have been joined by 6/7 other who have expressed an interest.

although the dates haven't been released for open days at the ring yet it is likely to be over 3/4 days from the 12th may 07 after completion of the Scuderia Driving Training course

there are two from Ireland travelling, myself and a 156 GTA owner from Dublin but the plan is to meet at either Dover or Folkstone with the rest travelling from the UK.

I'm arranging the 'getting there' side of things and Peter who lives in Germany is organising accommodation and evening entertainment :guinness: :guinness:. Th hotel is is the Hotel Am Tiergarten by the Schmitz Family (of Sabine Schmitz fame!)

Not sure if anyone would be interested, especially as I haven't met any of ye, but what the hell I thought, more the merrier!!

If you got any questions let me know

Cheers

Matt

is that the same Sabine that was on Top Gear when JC went around the ring in the diesel Jag?

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=654.msg5072#msg5072 date=1161890402]
is that the same Sabine that was on Top Gear when JC went around the ring in the diesel Jag?
[/quote]

what this one?? :cheers: and :guinness: and :salute:

[attachment deleted by admin]

they'll be some yokes going, quite a few of the lads from the AO Club have spent a fortune with autodelta adding the odd supercharger!!! 300bhp+ with no lsd, lots of oversteer

fingers are crossed for no snow this year

I would be very interested, need more info though.... and will be able to confirm closer to the date that is set :thumbsup:

Defo interested mate. would be surer after xmas. :thumbsup:

George

Unfortunatly as I said to Matt I cannot go due to heading over on a different date. I would really recommend it for sheer excitement :D and it scares the life  outta you also. Great weekend lads- well worth the money. The bars around it are a good laugh at night also.
Cheers
John

P.S you can drive around afterwards with a genuine Nordschlef sticker on your car ;)

Amazing,see how hard he works-take me about 2hrs to get around there-have to bring a packed lunch

sounds class id be intrested alright, get some prices together to see whats the crack.

He clocked 156 mph on the final straight in 6th gear at 7200 rpms! This guy's got some King Kong sized gohonez :smokin:

Frawls

You can't get a full run down the straight as you've to come in after each lap and it's mid way down the main straight :cry: :(
Cheers
John

I remember you saying that before Johnbut if you watch the veegeeeo you can see him clocking that speed on what appears to be the final long straight before the run is oover.

Frawls

Back