Upgrading Brake Pads - Recommendations?

STiBrian

Octane Boostaholics
Alrite lads, another spirited run yesterday led to brakes overheating, time for a change.

I'm gonna fit goodrich braided lines & dot 5.1 brake fluid.

The original discs are still ok & can't afford to change the whole setup at present so what pads would you all recommend for direct swap, mintex 1155's seem to be well rated at the moment?

BTW its for a Version 6 STi.

Cheers,

Brian

I've mintex on mine and find them great, if a bit on the dirty side! Mintex are going to stop making them soon though! Richie in Pro-Parts has them in stock though and he's currently looking for a Pad to replace them on his selves when they go! Their a good price for the pad you get!
I'm on my second set now though and only have the car around six or seven months, but have covered a good bit of millage!

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=5723.msg65037#msg65037 date=1203937612]
I've mintex on mine and find them great, if a bit on the dirty side! Mintex are going to stop making them soon though! Richie in Pro-Parts has them in stock though and he's currently looking for a Pad to replace them on his selves when they go! Their a good price for the pad you get!
I'm on my second set now though and only have the car around six or seven months, but have covered a good bit of millage!

[/quote]

Do they still sqweek alot ?

Are they the ds2500's Alan?

Are they worth the extra in your opinion, think they're nearly twice the price?

Hey Brian

I used the Mintex 1155's for a good while found them very good
but ware quickly with a lot of brake dust ...............far better than standard Subaru pad

Im now using the Ferodo's Ds 2500's .............they are alot better , they are a great pad.

You really notice the difference at the top end i always found that Mintex where lacking especially
when you head into 3 figures ................ferodo's no bother at all...... They are more expensive
but they are worth it

Niall.

[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=5723.msg65084#msg65084 date=1203943948]
I'm convinced then, ferodo seems to be the job.

Now where can I get them cheapest?
[/quote]

I'm sure renno or daveleggy will be able to sort ya out mate...

I fitted Mintex Extreme to MY 03 WRX and was dissappointed with them in fact they didnt seem much better than the original pads , also they give off a lot of dust and are inclined to squeal too.

[quote author=sub 555 link=topic=5723.msg65099#msg65099 date=1203950207]
I fitted Mintex Extreme to MY 03 WRX and was dissappointed with them in fact they didnt seem much better than the original pads , also they give off a lot of dust and are inclined to squeal too.

[/quote]

Thats one thing I remember about the Mintex, crazy amount of brake dust and mine where very noisey.

How much cost Ferodo DS2500 in Ireland? Renno?

Oh! and one more question - where could I get Goodrich steel brake lines?
What do you think about Sparco lines?

Cheers

I could live with that Damien if they were more powerful .I have to say I am quite dissapointed and would now consider upgrading Discs as well to achieve increased stopping power.
I would imagine it would be sufficient to just change the front ones.

@ Renno no I used anti Squeak Spray! No problem! Just mad Dirty!

I could live with that Damien if they were more powerful .I have to say I am quite dissapointed and would now consider upgrading Discs as well to achieve increased stopping power.
I would imagine it would be sufficient to just change the front ones.

Hey sub555, Mintex have diferen't grades of brake pads from crap to v.good
never heard of mintex extreme (there prob new) but i think the E1155's are the best

anyway drop Damo a mail he'll have all the info

Niall.

It's Mintex Extreme that I use! Richie in Pro-parts sells them! 125 euro for the front!

Back