HELP!! sensor q!

S

stevek

lads does anyone know were a small black conical shaped sensor coming out of the wiring loom jus behind the air box and jus to the front of drivers side suspension goes!?? :dunno: me and my friend cant figure wher it should go at all, looks like it something to do wit airbox but cant be sure and ther doesnt seem to be any location for it to go!! ive no pics but if someone could help me out id be in ur debt!cheers lads, steve :cheers:

im not sure!?? is ther one that should jus inside the air box loosely that jus in between top and bottom of airbox?? ill try find a better pic

Is it the one with the blue block connector youre on about? Purge solenoid valve maybe?? very difficult to see!

no its a black one kind of conical in shape! gonna knock up to gt performance wen i get it bak george will be able to sort me out chaps a legend! :subaru:

The black conical sensor is the IAT (intake ait temp) sensor. Your picture is not clear in the photo.

John

would that effect the idle!?? she seems to be hunting for a constant one, she idle ant jus under a thou then droppin comin bak up and then down again ova and ova!! wer does that intake sensor go to.... thanks 4 d help!

The first thing to do on a scooby with bad idle is to clean the idle control valve and throttle body.

John

IAT sensor is usually only for fuel-trimming and fine tuning, and so wouldnt hugely effect the idle performance but then again-stranger things have happened in my experience! Hope you get her sorted :thumbsup:

If your car is reving up and down at idle
it's nearly always a sign your MAF sensor is going.

Very easy to check they click in and out so borrow one for 2 mins
start your engine and see how she idles.

Niall.

well guys sorted it all out, ended up being a missing jubilee clip on air box piping that was lettin excess air in and causing car to die at low revs, sensor was one that sits in to the inner wing jus behind air-box...wat sensor is this for curiosity's sake!?? cheers for all the help and replies steve! :subaru:

Back