WRX Clutch

H

hiwd

Hey lads,

The clutch is gone in my car, can't drive her at all, only have her 3 weeks :(

Just wondering if you know that kind of price I can expect to pay for one? Supplied and fitted, need the cheapest option possible as I'm smashed :(

Regards,
Steve

Cheap & Subaru don't really go together mate.

Depends on if ya know someone that will do the labour for you of course, but you'll need to budget 600/700e I would imagine, more if you change to Exedy or something like that. And of course when the clutch comes out the flywheel might need replacing/skimming.

Just got a quote from my mechanic, said he can supply and fit it for €570. Not bad :)

He works on rally cars, so he knows his stuff when it comes to Impreza's

:subaru:

Cheers! ;)

Regards,
Steve

Exedy replacment, he didn't recommend getting the racing clutch, said they put allot of stress on the engine, I do allot of town driving as well.

And my car is completly standard... Except for an air filter...

I wouldent consider the organic clutch a racing clutch as such, More fast road and drives like a standard clutch only better bit etc. But the replacement will do the job. As long as its not only 100 euro ort so in the difference.

Damo

[quote author=Renno link=topic=5716.msg65059#msg65059 date=1203940540]
I wouldent consider the organic clutch a racing clutch as such, More fast road and drives like a standard clutch only better bit etc. But the replacement will do the job. As long as its not only 100 euro ort so in the difference.

Damo
[/quote]

I think the clutch is 300 quid and then the rest is going to him for labor...

Yeah I did but I was told the clutch is not covered by the warrenty, as its wear and tear :dunno:

Name & shame - you only have the car 3 weeks, if you've been driving like a loon since you got it then no problems, but did you notice this straight away?
Sale of Good Act says goods must be of merchantable quality, buying a car with a shot clutch does not meet that requirement.

Nope I didn't notice it, never slipped or anything. I don't even drive the car that hard as I'm still scared of it :lol:

I'll drop them an email.

Thanks Brian.

Regards,
Steve

[quote author=sub 555 link=topic=5716.msg65103#msg65103 date=1203951611]
Just as a matter of interest , you said you only have the car 3 weeks.
Did you get it from a Garage ?
[/quote]

Same thing happened me! Clutch seemed fine but started slipping the day after I got it! Grounded it strate away and get an execedy P1 230mm replacement one of E-Bay for it! Was told the same thing, only engune covered! Great car ever since! :subaru:

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=5716.msg65116#msg65116 date=1203952954]
[quote author=sub 555 link=topic=5716.msg65103#msg65103 date=1203951611]
Just as a matter of interest , you said you only have the car 3 weeks.
Did you get it from a Garage ?
[/quote]

Same thing happened me! Clutch seemed fine but started slipping the day after I got it! Grounded it strate away and get an execedy P1 230mm replacement one of E-Bay for it! Was told the same thing, only engune covered! Great car ever since! :subaru:
[/quote]

Yeah, they told me its only the engine and gear box covered :dunno:

Is whats actually covered in these cases ever stated in writing ? As I would be pretty sick to have to change a clutch after only 3 weeks of normal usage.
The least the Garage could do in a case is like this is make some sort of gesture.

The garage don't seem to be folding at all, they are standing by they're "It is a wear and tear part and not covered by the warranty" claim.

I am currently writing up a strongly worded letter quoting the "Sale of Goods and supply of services act" and see what they do next.

As I am now down €600 :(

Other than this and the petrol consumption problem :lol: , I am loving the car. :p

I'll keep you updated.

Regards,
Steve

its a shame that you have to spend so much so quickly on your car
on the back of the offical 2007 impreza wrx sti type uk tech sheet that the dealers provide for colour and interior trim opitions for customers it states that "every vehicle marketed by subaru(uk) is covered by a 3yr/60000mile(which ever comes first)warranty excluding the clutch driven plate" so even subaru dont warranty clutch plates

Back