Rear shocks

kerry sti

ISDC Club Member
Hi all , I noticed today that my p.s rear shock the cup part that the spring sits in is totally rusted through and near to collapsing going by import car parts its 500 pounds for a new set the rears have allways knocked and have been thinking of coilovers from time to time has anyone any test of hsd coilovers and if I went down that route were is the best place to buy them or b,c. thanks paul.

Yes genuine Subaru rear shocks are crazy money for blob Sti, I went bc racing coilover route on my old blob sti due to Subaru wanting 550 plus vat for new rear shocks, found bc coilover really good value for money, get extenders for rear s so it's easy to adjust settings, uses car as a daily on west Clare roads and found the bc coilovers really good????bought of scoobyparts with springs set at 6 front 5 rear

Have bc in car at moment do handle well probably a bit stiffer than sti shocks from what I have read but get used to them speed bumps just need a bit more care going over think you would like them in corners

Aswell I know Luke has them in his Jeep [emoji6]

Am I better of so to go with scoobyworld or scoobyparts rather than one of the crowds here.

Id go for something like kyb ultra sr struts and eibach spring combo just a thought :smile:

From what i remember can't get kyb for wide track blob eye sti, I emailed them a few years ago as they produced the shock for Subaru but stopped doing so around 2005/2006

Wagon Dec member on here would fit and set up coilovers for you, he fitted, set up/aligned mine for me, did great job

Last edited:
Heard kyb didn't do ultra sr for Wide track but it looks like ultra sr on rear of mine.
Did joe sell the coilovers think they are 5 x 114.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Joe has a savage set of electronic adjustable Teins think there still for sale

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

KYB do not do Ultra SR shocks for the wide-track (very unfortunate as they suit the car very well if a daily).

I have checked with them several times in writing over the years to see if they will add them to their own catalog, but so far they have not as they are on some special license deal to Subaru - which precludes KYB from selling them direct. (total pain in the @$$).

BTW same type of $hitty licensing agreement between Bilstein and Pro-drive too... so cannot get the Bilstein B6 / B8 type either as exclusively licensed to Pro-drive - who stopped selling them a few years ago... but still hold the license and now nobody can have those Bilsteins as a result.

Total head-wreck for anyone with a wide-track GD chassis.

Either oem at oem prices (with high likelihood that they'll knock again before long), or coil-overs of some description.

Last edited:
Set of Pedders struts here if you need. Bought for Blob WRX but wouldn’t fit with my wheel fitment. PM if interested. Been on the car for 2 months. WRX is not wide-track though.

I’ve BC’s in the Forester, very happy with them. Got them from Sean Whiffin at garagewhifbitz in the Uk, through email - he couldn’t have been more helpful and is a big Subaru head, he recommended a custom spring rate and did a great deal on the postage and coilovers.

Thanks for all the help lads and am most grateful for all replies , its seems like every week something is going just done o2 sensor and power steering pump, am taking my young lad to see arsenal play and will get going on Tuesday. I first joined the club in 2000 and have allways found members most helpful. regards paul.

Sorry to hear that Paul, pity about the KYB not being suitable, I swapped out the worn bilsteins on the B4 for KYB, was very happy with them.
I'd say you'd enjoy the tinkering with coilovers tho.

enjoy the match man ????
I'll give you a shout again when your back ????

Thanks for all the help lads and am most grateful for all replies , its seems like every week something is going just done o2 sensor and power steering pump, am taking my young lad to see arsenal play and will get going on Tuesday. I first joined the club in 2000 and have allways found members most helpful. regards paul.
Hope you get it sorted soon

Thanks for feedback great Club alright[emoji106]

Enjoy the footie

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Also meant to say man, if you bring the car to Mike in tirestop in Newcastle West they could sort you out fairly reasonably.
He sorted the suspension out for me on the B4.
Worth a shout if your looking for a place

Back