Tuff Qusetion !!

Niallyboy

Petrolheads
Before sending my car for a service i had NO probs
with wheels rubbing..... 18" 225 R40 . I could launch four wheels into the
air and have little rubbing on landing. :p :p

I had new drop links & bushings etc fitted now on hard cornering im getting rubbing.

I had Toyo Proxies T1s and during the service fitted Toyo Proxies T1R's and had the car tracked
and balanced....................So why are the wheels rubbing ?????????????????

And where can i get the arches rolled back and how much ???????????

Niall.

not too sure why your rubbing obviously its got somethin to do with you changing your links and bushings :ponder:. i know a place in drogheda/louth that rolles arches for about 35 quid a time.ive seen some wheels that although being the spec'd the same size can still differ a little so i suppose that its trial and error with the distance you need to roll it just keep rollin it untill your happy with it.

hi niall,
during the allignment the camber may have been adjusted with a more 'positive' setting than what you originally had. that would bring your tyres closer to the arch.

[quote author=kenn link=topic=646.msg4966#msg4966 date=1161800043]
hi niall,
during the allignment the camber may have been adjusted with a more 'positive' setting than what you originally had. that would bring your tyres closer to the arch.
[/quote]

What he said^^^^^^

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=646.msg4986#msg4986 date=1161806268]
[quote author=kenn link=topic=646.msg4966#msg4966 date=1161800043]
hi niall,
[/quote]

What he said^^^^^^
[/quote]

what they said + the T1 Rs have a slightly bigger rim protector.

[quote author=B4 Alan link=topic=646.msg5006#msg5006 date=1161814136]
Am I right in saying that more negative camber gives better handling?

Alan.
[/quote]

1-1.5 degrees negative camber adjustment is recomended to improve turn in and reduce understeer for the impreza so yes is the answer.

Am i right in saying Niall that you were running the Prodrive alignment settings before on your car.

As the lads said the new settings are probally bringing the wheels closer to the archs causing the rubbing.

Eamonn

Niall,
I saw your car @ ryans and the wire was coming through the tyres i'd say the extra meat on the new tyres is causing the rub. I know where they send the cars to be tracked and they deffo didnt change the camber

[quote author=thedoc link=topic=646.msg5040#msg5040 date=1161870200]
Niall,
I saw your car @ ryans and the wire was coming through the tyres i'd say the extra meat on the new tyres is causing the rub. I know where they send the cars to be tracked and they deffo didnt change the camber
[/quote]
I was just gonna say, surely camber adjustment would require new bolts-your average alignment shop wouldnt do that, would they?

Eamon i had the prodrive alignment on My last WRX
which i reckon was the best mod for only
€50 :shock: :shock:
But it was Eddie Garry who done it so .............nuff said :whistle:

Hey Doc, they were my snow chains :lol: :lol:
Ya that was my first thought but it never rubbed
when my last tyres where new neither ????

Ya R&R tyres in Ballincoillig done the tracking etc, there
excellent. Might give them a ring and see if they have any info ???

Thanks Lads :thumbsup:

Niall.

Back