Truck lads' brains wanted

S

Scoobydiver

Lads im doin a project on an implementation of an exhaust-brake braking assist system. Any of ye lads know a bit about it? If I could pick yer brains on it Id be really grateful thanks :thumbsup:

its only a theoretical project for college - a dynamic improvement in the motor industry.. My idea for boolean logic-based traffic management was already done in Oz (wouldnt ya know) so this is all I got now..

It was this bloody kick ass system i thought id made up that would work out how many cars were queueing at each side of a cross junction and work out how long to give the traffic lights each side.. turns out they have it in Australia - bloody f*ckers lol

hahaa yeah.. So wat I was thinkin was maybe a type of exhaust brake linked to a brake pedal pressure sensor, so if you stamp on the pedal you get emergency brake assist?

hi mate, would be glad to help. what do you want to know?

thanks buddy!been lookin all over the place for info, one of the important things I need to find out is can exhaust brakes lock up the road wheels? my guess is no, but then again I dont work on trucks!!

No it won't lock the wheel's. It only assist's the normal brakes, by using increased engine braking.

John

just as i thought, which is good cause i want to implement it using a stepper motor or solenoid from a signal from the abs actuator! Thanks John :thumbsup:

hi,

basically on trucks its just a butterfly thats inside the exhaust that opens and closes using an air solenoid. when you brake it closes the butterfly to block the exhaust to slow the engine down faster, all its really on trucks for is assisting on downhill braking.
if ya wanna see one in action just give us a shout and ya can call into the garage to me :thumbsup:

George

might just take you up on that!! thanks fo the help matey :thumbsup:

Back